Extranets linking employees with your vendors
- Intranets: Taking the Evolutionary Approach. Ball, Sarah // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p40
Deals with a series of challenges presented by intranets for both users and suppliers. Driving factors in the purchase of the technology; Barriers to intranet introduction; Two stages in intranet evolution; Percentage of businesses using intranet in Europe; How intranet customers are using...
- Building intranets on the fly: Welcome to a whole new world of content automation. Minter, Bobby // Communication World;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p42
Explores opportunities in using corporate intranets. Content production in corporate intranet; Changes in the production of Web sites using content management applications; Use in streamlining of production and reducing costs; Use in targeting users. INSET: Two ways to go..
- Intranets Help Agencies Organize Info. Reynolds, Paul // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/21/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 42, p14
Discusses the use of intranet for distributing information in a company quickly, efficiently and at a low cost. Information that can be included in an intranet; Benefits of publishing information over a corporate intranet; Standard formula for measuring the return on investment that would be...
- An Intranet Renaissance. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Aug99, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p24
Discusses changes in corporate intranets in the United States. Major uses of intranets; Provision of interactive and real-time training through intranets; Merrill Lynch's development of an enterprise information portal to link customers and suppliers; Resources for creating and improving...
- HITS and Misses. White, Martin // EContent;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p34
Comments on the value of the intranet in meeting organization requirements. Problem of intranet management; Ways to assess the impact of the intranet on information handling and decision-making in an organization.
- intranet. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1224
A definition of the term "intranet" which refers to a network of computers made exclusive to a company sharing online information and computing resources among employees is presented.
- Keeping companies in touch. Dunford, Ian // Information World Review;Nov2002, Issue 185, p13
Assesses the importance of business-to-employee (B2E) computer network applications such as intranets. Advantages from successful implementation of B2E strategies; Reasons for the negativity towards B2E applications; Opinions on the general business advantages associated with B2E applications.
- TOP 10 INTRANET DEPLOYMENT CONSIDERATIONS. Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Apr2000, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p60
Presents information on several Intranet deployment considerations for companies. Reasons for the popularity of the Intranet; Benefits of a project team; Advantages of establishing standards for the Intranet.
- Ask Dr. Intranet. Blass, Steve // Network World;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p37
Focuses on how a company solved its problems relating to accessing links in intranet pages. Internet users' use of an internal server with a local area network (LAN) adapter that points to the Internet service provider's (ISP) Domain Name System (DNS); Same strategy used by intranet users;...