Levi Strauss loses $10.6 million lawsuit
- Levi's Completes Audit. Stewart, Al // DNR: Daily News Record;9/22/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the completion of Levi Strauss & Co. of its bookkeeping practices in September 2003, in response to the lawsuit filed against the company. Information on the wrongful-dismissal suit filed by two former employees against the company in April 2003; Other accusations against the...
- Making Levi's pay. // Multinational Monitor;Sep97, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Reports about the Texas jury September 1997 punitive damages verdict for defendant Levis Strauss on the grounds of discriminating workers of their salaries and compensations. Monetary value of the verdict; Testimonies of the workers on the labor practice of Levis Strauss; Total similar suits...
- Levi's, Calvin, A&F Among 6 Added to Saipan Suit. FALLON, JAMES // DNR: Daily News Record;3/6/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on a federal class-action lawsuit, which included manufacturers and retailers such as Levi Strauss & Co. and Calvin Klein Inc., that aims to hold companies responsible for the mistreatment of factory workers in Saipan.
- Termination After Return from Leave Does Not Violate CA Family Rights Act or Bonus Wage Requirements. Allen, Jamerson C. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q4, p1
The article discusses the case Neisendorf versus Levi Strauss & Co. which deals with the termination of an employee after return from leave. The decision in the case states that leave does not violate the California Family Rights Act or bonus wage requirements. The Appellate Court also states...
- Levi's gets tough, sues to protect trademark labels, ... Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/4/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 66, p9
Presents information on Levi Strauss & Company aggressive efforts to protect its design features. What was revealed by a Levi's spokeswoman; Explanation of the effort; Details on the campaign; Manufacturers and importers sued within the United States; Other information on the company.
- Levi's to appeal verdict giving workers $10.6M. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 53, p8
Reports on the plan of Levi Strauss & Co. to appeal an El Paso, Texas jury verdict involving complaints from five workers over their treatment in a company retraining program. Factors cited by Levi Strauss as basis for their proposed appeal; Case background.
- Levi Strauss to appeal award. // Business Insurance;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p2
States that Levi Strauss and Company will appeal an El Paso, Texas, jury's $10.6 million award to five current and former employees who alleged that the company's return-to-work program was an attempt to get them to quit their jobs in order to reduce workers compensation costs. Details on the...
- Return to work plan under fire. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;09/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p2
Focuses on the return-to-work programs at companies in the United States, with reference to the workers compensation-related discrimination lawsuit against Levi Strauss & Company of Texas. Details on the case; Efforts of the company to remove the judge in the case from hearing a succession of...
- Saipan-Levi Case Dismissed. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/9/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p31
Reports on the dismissal of the case against the apparel firm Levi Strauss & Co. in the U.S. Allegations against the company; Total settlement deal; Business operations of the company.