Executive stay in high demand
- South's output of marketing PhDs must grow to meet region's needs. Render, Barry; Wagoner, William; Bobo, James R.; Corliss, Steven // Marketing News;7/28/1978, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the need for U.S. southern states to increase its output of marketers with doctor of philosophies (PhD) to meet the projected rise in demand from 1977 to 1981. A reason for increasing doctoral production in the South is that the region is still both socially and...
- ECONOMIC TURMOIL EASES DRIVER SHORTAGE. Kelley, Sean // Overdrive;Mar2001, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p14
Reports the shortage of drivers among trucking companies in the United States. Hiring of experts and veteran drivers; Selection of applicants from different companies; Closure of trades and trucking companies.
- Construction manpower needs by 1980. Hahn, William F. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul71, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p12
Projects manpower requirements for the construction industry in the United States, by 1980. Long-term demands for labor; Construction needs in the private and public sectors; Annual average employment in construction; Growth anticipated in the volume of public and private construction work.
- Hospital executives: Continued shortage of nurses, advanced practitioners, physicians. // American Nurse;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the 2013 Clinical Workforce Survey conducted by the workforce solutions and staffing services company AMN Healthcare.
- Creating supply for the new workforce. Smith, Eric L.; Williams-Harold, Bevolyn // Black Enterprise;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p34
Reveals that United States (US) companies are scrambling to fill a growing worker shortage in the information technology (IT) industry. Number of new IT workers that will be needed by the US between 1996 and 2006; Reason behind the shortage of IT workers; Efforts to help American workers...
- Report highlights strong computer skills demand. Human, Dan // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the strong demand for computer skills among Indiana companies and highlights the growth of computer-related employment in the state.
- Executives still face slowdown on job front. Callahan, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p27A
Focuses on the slow demand for executive-level employee in Indianapolis, Indiana. Factors affecting the slow labor demand; Statement of employment experts on the slow employment trend of executives; Optimism in the labor market in the state.
- Un-peaceful coexistence: labor issues in a global market. Silvia, John // ABA Banking Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p96
Comments on the globalization of the labor market as of September 2005. Number of jobs created by U.S. firms in 25 consecutive months of job gains; Decline in the number of available workers; Reduction in the number of part-time workers due to economic reasons.
- Jobs Posted on Internet Off 108,700 in Aug.: Report. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;9/6/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33777, p1
The article offers information on the Conference Board Inc. report which revealed that online job postings have been declining since July. It further informs that the supply and demand rate for July 2012 has been reported to stand at 2.67 percent in the U.S. It mentions that a slow growth...