- Inspection and testing equipment. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug94, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p450
Introduces the Leitz Cygnus X industrial coordinate measuring machines (CMM) of Brown & Sharpe at the 1994 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS). Features; Capabilities; Contact information.
- Intelligent measuring system automatically calculates dimensional data. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep97, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p263
Features the RefleX coordinate measuring system for machine tools from North Kingstown, Rhode Island-based Brown and Sharpe. Features and functions; User-friendliness of the system; Contact information.
- Shop Floor Measuring Machine. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct98, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p298
Evaluates the SF ACTIV shop floor measuring machine from Brown & Sharpe Mfg. Co. Function and feature of the machine; Capabilities.
- CMM design incorporates user analysis and CAD techniques. M.D.A. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr94, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p166
Discusses the design process for Brown & Sharpe's MicroXcel coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Zmouse track-ball computer interface; Aluminum bridge and other components; Use of finite element analysis techniques and CAD technology in designing the components; Capability to toggle from DCC to...
- Measuring up to standard. McCutcheon, Duff // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2005, p62
This article discusses the implementation of the Global Image coordinate measuring machine developed by Brown & Sharpe at a factory of Getrag, the Newton, North Carolina-based manufacturer of front and rear axles for automobile companies. The Brown & Sharpe equipment supports machining...
- CMM Removes Bottleneck in Automated Cell. PROBST, EMILY K. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar2014, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p98
The article focuses on the decision of Strattec Security Corp. to incorporate the Brown & Sharpe One shopfloor coordinate measuring machine (CMM) from Hexagon Metrology within automated cell to eliminate tooling backlog and increase accuracy in its tooling department. It discusses the details of...
- Coordinate measuring machines. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Mar2006, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p25
The article presents a list of machine tool manufacturers offering coordinate measuring machines in the Techspex Machine Tool database. They include Brown & Sharpe Manufacturing Co., Carl Zeiss Inc., CE Johansson, Faro, G&L Sheffield, Helmel, IMS, Krypton, Mitutoyo, Mora, Precitech and...
- techspex products. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Apr2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p36
Presents several coordinate measuring machines in the U.S. Sigma series portable CMM from Axila Inc.; ONE CNC CMMM featuring a polymer composite base from Brown & Sharpe Manufacturing Co.; GageMax CMM from Carl Zeiss Industrial Measuring Tehnology; Evolution scanning CMM from LK Metrology...
- Brown & Sharpe clarifies and redefines its image as a... Albert, Mark D. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul98, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p170
Highlights the efforts of Brown & Sharpe in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, to identify the company as metrology supplier. Changes made in the company; Market strategies; Expansion programs.