Robots in the first-tier: What do suppliers want?
- Robot makers seek expanded markets. Thomas, Billy R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/03/98, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p15
Reports on the growth of the North American industrial robotics industry in 1997. Increase of demand for industrial robots from users in the automobile industry; Robotics industry's financial revenue for 1997; Identification of untapped growth opportunities for robot applications; Role of the...
- Robot population grows rapidly. // R&D Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the increase in the number of industrial robots. Number of industrial robots in the United States and Japan; Forecasts on the population of robots in 2000.
- Industrial Robot Market set to Reach $32.8B by 2017. Marsh, Thomas // Robot;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 47, p13
The article discusses a report released by Markets and Markets in Dallas, Texas, titled "Industrial Robotics Market--Global Forecast & Analysis by Applications, Functions, Product & Geography (2012-2017)," which predicts that the total industrial robotics market is expected to reach 32.8 billion...
- North American Robot Orders Jump 24% in First Quarter of 2007. // Welding Journal;Aug2007, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the 24% increase in the orders received by robotics companies from North America during the first quarter of 2007. Total robot sales to companies in North America and outside North America during the period rose by 26% to 5,027 robots, which are valued at $293.9 million....
- Robot Sales Off 36% in North America. // Welding Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that new orders received by North America-based robotics companies were down 36 percent through the first nine months of 2006, according to statistics released by the Robotic Industries Association. Robot orders from the automotive sector were down by 49 percent while...
- New robot 'market incubator' program. // Control Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the launch of Robot Market Incubator Program, a comprehensive effort to develop new markets for robotic technology and continue the industry's growth, launched by the Robotic Industries Association (RIA). Members of the RIA New Markets Committee; Evaluation criteria.
- Safeguarding techniques, devices geared for robot safety. Fryman, Jeff // Welding Design & Fabrication;Sep99, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p53
Reports on the robot-safety standards released by the Robotic Industries Association. Guidance in properly safeguarding personnel from injury in robotic-production applications; Multiple applications; Discussion of safeguarding devices.
- Robots set new records. // Design News;4/17/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p32
Discusses growth of industrial robot orders in 1999. Statistics from the Robotic Industries Association; Outlook of the robotics market in North America.
- Alien inspiration. Schrope, Mark // New Scientist;11/20/99, Vol. 164 Issue 2213, p11
Announces the construction of a two-legged industrial robot in New South Wales, that would be able to go places and do things no forklift truck could. Inspiration for the robot's design; Features and capabilities of the robot; Greatest hurdle to the robot's development.