Laser-based system aids foundry pouring
- Precise pouring aids production. Chase, Nancy // Quality;Jan98, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p54
Reports the installation of the LaserPour III laser-controlled molten-metal pouring system from Selcom Inc. at Auburn Foundry in Auburn, Indiana. Technology used by the system; Function of the SpeedPour software option; Benefits resulting from the application of the technology.
- Auburn Foundry improves capacity with pouring control system. // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb98, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p56
Features Auburn Foundry which is located in Auburn, Indiana. Reference to the maximum capacity of the company's two plants; Information on the products manufactured by Auburn; Details on the design of the company; Features of the equipment used by Auburn.
- Auburn foundry opens greenfield iron casting plant. Rodgers, Robert C. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec96, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p25
Describes the iron casting plant of Auburn Foundry Inc. located in Auburn, Indiana. Casting production capacity; Structural features of the plant; Air-flow capacity of the plant's ventilation system; Overall size and configuration of the foundry; Melt shop and pouring; History of the Auburn...
- Final steel beam raised for Auburn's plant two. // Foundry Management & Technology;Sep95, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the installation of the last piece of structural steel at Auburn Foundry's Plant 2, in Auburn, Indiana by ironworkers of Local 147 and Donald R. Fruehey Inc. Ceremony held for the installation; Date for the beginning of the plant's construction.
- Untitled. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug93, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p36
Presents equipment and supplies for the foundry industry. Furnace system developed by Prenatt Manufacturing; Exhaust manifold from the Jeep/Truck Engineering Division of the Chrysler Corporation.
- Untitled. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug93, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p40
Presents several products and supplies for the foundry industry. Products for back protection of foundry workers from Industry's Choice; Spectrometer update packages; Fluid purification system from Pall Industrial Hydraulics Corp.; Euro-Shell process sand from Shell Sands Inc.; More.
- Literature/Products. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan1994, Vol. 122 Issue 1, pB-14
Presents foundry products and literatures. Includes vertical shaft furnace by Modern Equipment Company; Foundry remelt stock supplier brochure by Remelt Sources, Inc.; Furnace charger literature by Premelt Systems Inc.; More.
- Shakeout/cleaning/finishing. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan1994, Vol. 122 Issue 1, pG-1
Discusses the improved shakeout equipments, blast cleaner of casting surfaces, and grinding equipments in sand foundries. Punchout machines; Shakeout tables and decks; High frequency shakeouts; Vibrating shakeout conveyors; Rotary separators; Robots and manipulators; Process control; Abrasive...
- Foundry sand basics. Ziegler, Mark J. // Foundry Management & Technology;May94, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p27
Presents information on sand. Focus on its applications in the foundry industry; Types; Grine fineness; Distribution; Acid demand value and H; Grain shape, chemistry and density; Permeability; Temperature; Moisture.