Using Extranets to work with vendors
- Using Extranets to work with vendors. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Nov97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p3
Presents ways that ensure smooth interactions between organizations using Extranet computer networks. Identifying employees needs and goals; Working with the Extranet supplier to create valuable content and service; Regular updates of Web pages.
- Councils unite to cut costs. Scott, Anna // People Management;12/7/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p13
The article reports on the launch of the first shared-services model for recruitment across several boroughs of London, England in 2006. The model will use an extranet to automate the administrative recruitment processes for the partners. The programme will outsource seven elements of the...
- Streamlining HR. Loranger, Carrie // Credit Union Management;Aug99, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p26
Highlights the benefits of using the Internet to help automate many aspects of credit union management including human resource (HR) functions. What HR tasks can be automated; Extranets and pension plan data; Percentage of credit unions in the United States that use intranets and extranets;...
- Are IP VPN extranets the answer? Webb, Richard // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the business-to-business networks of IP VPN extranets. Adequacy of network solutions to have permanent connection to affiliates and customers; Extension of corporate network via Internet to business partners; Creation of virtual connectivity between sites in an IP VPN. INSET: Types...
- How do you spell VPN? Bradner, Scott // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p34
Presents information on virtual private networks (VPN) in relation to computer networks. Types of VPN's; Information on Internet Protocol-based tunneling; Purpose of VPNs.
- Security protocols establish safe VPNs. Henry, Neil // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p35
Presents information on virtual private networks (VPN) in relation to its security standards. Information on IP Security (IPSec), a Layer 3 protocol suite; Function of Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP); What is tunneling; How to create the virtual circuit; What LSTP offers. INSET: How it works.
- Accessible information. Workman, Bradley E. // Buildings;May98, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p32
Highlights the use of extranets in the process of engineering office buildings, airports and manufacturing facilities. Definition of extranet; How to access an extranet; Advantages of project extranets; Use of project extranet during the design phase; Information on electronic signature.
- Extranets. // Inter@ctive Week;12/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p47
Presents information on Extranets technology. Deployment of an Extranet data management system by Brigham Young University; Combined effort of Intelligent Environments Incorporated and Solver-Stream Software Incorporated; Shipment of another generation of the eService software of Silknet...
- Will IP video lead the VPN invasion? // Business Communications Review;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
No abstract available.