It has been two years since UPS first offered part-timers
- Should you buy stock in the company where you work? Quint, Barbara Gilder // Glamour;Sep95, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p131
Provides information on the kinds of stock plans that companies offer to their employees. Incentives attached to stock purchase plans; Deduction of certain amount from paycheck; Benefits of stock option plans; Advice on what to look out for when buying stock in company where a person works.
- Stock Appreciation Rights Plans. // SCOR Report;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p2
Deals with the importance of a stock appreciation rights plan to a company.
- Accounting and Auditing. Bushong, J. Gregory; Cocco, Anthony F.; McCaslin, Thomas E.; Vent, Glenn // Ohio CPA Journal;Oct-Dec2001, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on issuance of Accounting for Certain Transactions Involving Stock Compensation. Ramifications of the provision for stock-option plan structures; Types of employee stock options; Political dispute between the FASB and the business community.
- The opposite of hot pants. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/20/97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
Reflects on the wager of two Calgary, Alberta United Parcel Service employees to see who can wear the company's summer shorts the longest. Comments from employees Jeff Chiperzak and Shaun Finnis; Amount of the wager; The cold winter weather they had to endure in shorts.
- UPS pilots reject contract offer. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/6/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 14, p38
Focuses on United Parcel Service (UPS) pilots' rejection of a company-proposed contract in October 1997. The rejection spotlighting the disagreement over pay at the company; Little chance of a strike until after December 1997; Background of the vote; Highlights of the proposed contract; Factors...
- Interests of workers and company need to be balanced. Champy, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;09/29/97, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p13
Focuses on the settlement of the United Postal Service's (UPS) strike in the United States with reference to the French Postal Union in France. Reaction to the UPS' settlement by the French; Circumstances surrounding the strike; Reference to France on the strike.
- UPS will send 115 employees packing. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/19/95, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Reports on United Parcel Service of America Inc.'s (UPS) elimination of 115 local jobs by June 1996 when it shuts down its customer service center in Middleburg Heights in Cleveland, Ohio. UPS' restructuring of its operations; Reasons behind the restructuring; Identification of locations to be...
- UPS to appeal sex bias verdict. Saccamano, Ann // Traffic World;03/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 9, p19
States that Linda Channon a former United Parcel Service work won an $80.7 million settlement from the package delivery company in a sexual discrimination suit. Comments from Dan Wilczek, a UPS attorney; Information on the law on punitive damages.
- Stock Options Must Be PAY--Not Presents. Ouchterloney, James F.; Scharf, Charles A. // Labor Law Journal;Dec52, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p834
The article discusses legal factors to be considered when establishing stock option plans for key employees in the U.S. The trend among corporations toward the establishment of stock option plans for key employees in accordance with the provisions of Section 130A of the internal Revenue Code has...