North-east to benefit from IT pilot scheme
- North-east to benefit from IT pilot scheme. Merrick, Neil // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p19
Focuses on England government's proposed University for Industry (UfI) to workers in the University of Sunderland. Number of people that could take advantage of the information technology being piloted by University of Sunderland; Information about the programmes of the UfI; Target number of...
- Electronically tracking and supporting students at risk. Middleton, Walter // International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education;Jul2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p253
The University of Sunderland is aware of the effects of wastage on completion and progression rates in engineering and computing programmes. The paper reports on the background to the problem and a project called 'Pass-Rate' (funded via the HEFCE 'Innovations' initiative) aimed at minimising...
- COUNTRY DURHAM SUNDERLAND. // Oral History;Autumn2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the highlights of the annual Charles Parker Day Conference held at the National Glass Centre, University of Sunderland in April 2010.
- Graphene provides new layer of safety. FORD, JASON // Engineer (00137758);Aug2014, Vol. 296 Issue 7854, p8
The article reports on the iGCAuto project led by the University of Sunderland, England in 2014 for the development of graphene-based automotive components.
- Honoured by University. // European Power News;Sep2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p2
Reports on PacifiCorp. chief executive officer Alan Richardson's receipt of an Honorary Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Sunderland in England. Richardson's educational background.
- HAVING IT BOTH WAYS. Thompson, Guy // Building Design;3/4/2011 Concrete Quarterly, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the sustainable design of the Angel Building in London, England, the facade of the University of Sunderland's CitySpace, and the concrete shapes at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic School.
- Sunderland is 2012 camp. // Building Design;6/27/2008, Issue 1825, p6
The article reports that architect Faulkner Brown's plan for the CitySpace sports and recreation project for the University of Sunderland, Sunderland, England has been chosen as a training camp for the 2012 Olympic games. It informs that the project would offer a wide range of non-academic...
- Sticky glass nanoparticles make clearer fingerprints. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2004, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p19
Introduces the fingerprint dust made of sticky glass nanoparticles developed by the University of Sunderland in England. Physical description; System requirements; Specifications.
- Vibration database to aid machinery fault diagnosis. // Professional Engineering;10/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p57
Reports on the development of a vibration database for machinery fault diagnosis by British firm Monition and the University of Sunderland in England. Use of the database by maintenance engineers for their own predictive condition monitoring.