- TUC floats plan for `a new form of partnership' // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p17
Deals with the seven-point plan for connecting trade unions and employers by Trades Union Congress (TUC) General Secretary John Monks. Macroeconomic policy covered by the initiative; Campaign stressing a people-centred approach to business; What the campaign can provide.
- Unions' training offer met with scepticism. Welch, Jilly // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p14
Reports that UK employers are sceptical and are turning down offers of assistance from unions despite persuasion from Trade Union Congress (TUC). Information on TUC Bargaining for Skills initiative; Aims of TUC initiative; Response of human resources (HR) professionals on consulting with...
- Employee relations. // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p17
Provides several issues concerning employee relations. Results of the survey conducted by consultancy Towers Perrin about the partnership United States employers want to build with their staff; Purpose of Trades Union Congress' (TUC) New Unionism Organizing Academy; Features of the self-help...
- Employee relations. // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p17
Presents business reports focusing on employee relations in Great Britain. Trades Union Congress' (TUC) plan to unmask United Kingdom's worst employer; Number of Bifu members being balloted on strike action in protest over Midland Bank's decision to stay open on the afternoon of Christmas Eve;...
- Employee relations. // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the business sector focusing on employee relations. Information on the survey conducted by the IPD regarding bully in the workplace; Information on the `organizers's academy' established by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) to train young people in workplace organization techniques.
- Health and Safety. // People Management;9/3/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p15
Features news and developments on employees in Great Britain as of September 1999. Industrial Relations Services study on violence; Variations of Formal policy on violence; Trades Union Congress survey on small firms.
- Unions told: `get involved in training'. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the call of the Trades Union Congress for unions to use money to negotiate development opportunities at work. Significance of the use of learning as a bargaining tool in union negotiations with employers; Launching of two reports on the unions' role; Comments from Jimmy Knapp, general...
- The gospel according to John. Simms, Jane // Director;Apr2000, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p56
Features John Monks, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress (TUC). His accomplishments for TUC; His role in the revival of trade unionism; How he views industrial relations.
- Brendan Barber. McAndrew, Daisy // Professional Manager;Sep2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p24
The article focuses on the insights of Brendan Barber, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress (TUC) regarding industrial relations. He agrees that many developments that have been made to break the barriers between heads and employees have suffered real impairment. He says that he tries...