Call centres in crisis over staff shortages
- Florida firm to open 500-employee call center in Salt Lake City. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/9/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p1
The article states that Plantation, Florida's global call center operator C3/CustomerContact Channels will launch a call center at Wiley Post in Salt Lake City, Utah this fall 2010 and is expected to employ 500 people to handle health care-related calls.
- Career development will help call centres recruit new staff. // Personnel Today;2/11/2003, p8
Focuses on a study conducted by consultant firm Watson Wyatt on employee recruitment problems faced by call centers in Great Britain. Steps taken by call centers to solve the problems; Reasons for the recruitment problems; Salary provided call centers to their employees in the starting.
- Call centres in crisis over staff shortages. Welch, Jilly // People Management;10/9/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the companies management practices as call centers struggle to recruit and retain operators. Features of the psychometric test for call centers operators; Percentage of United Kingdom workers that are expected to be call center operators by the year 2001; Things that lead employers...
- Staffing Software Enables Better Service. Wijnen, Renee // Bank Technology News;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the development of a call center workforce software to improve customer service. Advantages of using the software; Cost-savings from skills-based routing; Annual employee turnover for inbound centers.
- 4 Questions About Hiring and Retaining Agents. // Customer Interface;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p32
Presents the views of three call center executives about hiring and retaining agents in the United States (U.S.). How the downturn in the U.S. economy has impacted recruiting efforts and retention rates; Staffing challenges faced by customer contact centers; Opinion on pre-employment testing...
- Growing demand has Call Center adding staff. // Crain's Cleveland Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p12
Announces Call Center Resources Inc.'s plan to hire additional employees by the end of 2000 to address increased demand for call center services in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Retention key to ending the call centres exodus. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;11/12/2002, p11
Focuses on the significance of recruitment and retention policies for the call centers based in Great Britain in view of the threat of jobs being transferred to overseas. Characteristics of call centers' operations in Europe; Problems in retention of call-center jobs; Ways to retain staff.
- IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT ON THE LINE? // New Zealand Management;Sep99, Vol. 46 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Discusses employee recruitment and retention in call center industry. Growth in call center industry; Problems in recruiting for call centers; Qualities for a potential agent; Discussion on the training of call center agents; Tips in maintaining staff loyalty. INSET: IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT ON...
- Recruitment Strategies and Union Exclusion in Two Australian Call Centres. Diane Van Den Broek, Catherine // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Summer2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p515
Recruitment processes are seen as critical to the success of contemporary organizations and integral to human resource practices, particularly in those firms setting up greenfield operations or undertaking organizational change programs. This article analyses the recruitment methods used in...