N.J. Democrat says stock plunge shows risk of Whitman's
- Fitch: Bear Market Could Hurt Pension Funds, Bond Ratings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p4
Reports on the volatility of the stock market in Washington. Escalation of state and local government pension fund expenses; Increase of pension costs; Assessment of the economy.
- That sinking feeling. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p8
Reports on the concern about under-funded company pension funds. Warning issued by the British 'Financial Times' about a pension deficit disorder and companies being dragged down by pensions; Negative impact of the concern of the U.S. and Great Britain on the global equity markets; Problem in...
- Equity decline bites into Canadian funds. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;11/12/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p14
Reports the losses of the Canadian pension funds following the worldwide decline in equity market. Impact of the decline on the pension funds; Actions of the companies on pension fund losses; Implications for the employee's contribution to the fund.
- Ireland to ease pension fund rules. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;12/9/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the relaxation of pension funding rules by the Pensions Board of Dublin, Ireland. Guidelines for pension plans; Requirement of pension plan sponsors for pension funds; Steps taken to avoid the impact of equity markets on pension plans; Drawbacks of the pension funding rules.
- Riding the raging bull. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1A
Highlights the launch of Indiana's Teachers Retirement Fund (TRF) in the stock market. Impact of the TRF launch on the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index; Value of TRF equity portfolio; Expectations that TRF will be successful like the state pension fund Public...
- Indiana Launches Global Equity Search. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Reports on plan of Indian Public Employees' Retirement System to launch domestic large-cap equity manager searches and global equity manager searches. Other details of the plan available on the web site; Funds allocated to private equity.
- Growth allocations rise just as value investing makes a comeback. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;4/16/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p3
Focuses data showing that pension funds moved assets out of value and into growth just when value stocks outperformed growth stocks by the widest margin in seven years. Data from Greenwich Associates; Average pension fund's allocation to large-cap and small-cap growth assets in 2000.
- Pension funds ride `grey Friday' storm. // Public Finance;12/13/96, p23
Reports that the stock market in London rallied to leave public sector pension funds broadly unaffected by a collapse. Net effect of trading; Survey of WM Company on the stock market.
- Exposure to home market declines. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;6/27/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p8
Reports that at the end of the first quarter 1994 Hong Kong pension funds had an average exposure to the Hong Kong stock market of 29% of total assets, a decline from 1993 year-end figures. Reason for the decline.
- Change foreign-content rules. Berube, Gerard // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the factors that support the need to uncap the 20 percent ceiling on foreign content in RRSP and pension funds in Canada. Underperformance of the Canadian stock market; Budgetary surplus of the administration; Decline of pension funds due to the increase in aging population.