Yields stagger back to last week's levels
- Averages under pressure. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/6/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 18, p3
Analyzes the investment impact of the recommendation to lower cash positions. Consequences of reversing the recommended lowering of cash positions; Reasons behind the stock selling pressure.
- 30 seconds onâ€¦ stock-picking. // Marketing (00253650);9/7/2011, p12
The article offers information on stock picking which include the value of stock which is represented by the discounted value of its future cash flow, the use of graphs by stock-pickers to assess stock performance and use of top-down or bottom-up approach by investors in choosing stocks.
- Run for Cover. SCHULTZ, STACY // Financial Planning;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p90
The article focuses on the outflow of mutual funds in the fourth quarter of 2008 as assets moved to Treasuries and exchanged traded fund. Vince Deluard of Trim Tabs observes that during recession people usually shift out of equities and into bonds. He adds that in September 2008 through the end...
- Look past price. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p1
The article presents a view asserting that the expensiveness of a stock reflects when it trades at too high a price relative to cash flow or earnings.
- Keep an open mind. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/10/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p3
Gives advice to stock market investors to maintain a sizable cash position at 25%. Reason for the reluctance to raise more cash; List of stock indexes.
- Put stock in dollar cash flows. Levin, Baron F. // Business Mexico;Oct1994, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p51
Presents information on dollar cash flow in the selection of stocks in Mexico. Price-earnings ratio; Statistics on Mexico stock; Price to book value; Cash conversions.
- Strong rand in perspective. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;4/14/2003, p44
Reports on the valuation of rand in South Africa. Change in the context of financial inflows and outflows; Trade-weighted average value of the rand against other currencies; Profits form rand hedge stocks.
- Mutual fund assets fall 2.6 percent. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the survey about the decline in the mutual fund assets in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Net stock funds outflow; Amount of stock inflows; Cash flow.
- The Effect of Non-Convertible Preferred Stock Retirement on Shareholder Wealth. Rao, Ramesh; Moyer, R. Charles // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
In this paper the authors examine the common stock price behavior of firms that call their non-convertible preferred stock. The findings for the entire sample of preferred stock calls are consistent with the Modigliani and Miller (MM) leverage hypothesis that preferred stock financing adds no...