Legal challenge to Alabama tax could bust budget
- Ontario 2000 budget. // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p123
The article focuses on a report presented by Ernst & Young regarding Canada's Ontario 2000 budget. According to the report, highlights of year 2000 budget were higher than expected 1999 revenues leading to larger tax refunds, the introduction of a personal "tax on income" system, and a reduction...
- IRS quick refund for corporations. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/22/2001-10/29/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p47
Reminds corporate taxpayers that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service offers quick refunds of estimated tax overpayments even before they file their tax returns.
- U.S. Government Ran $52.9 Billion Deficit in March. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;6/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34324, p1
The federal government ran a $52.9 billion budget deficit in March, the Treasury Department reported Monday.
- Cash-strapped gov't targets businesses. TUCHYNKSKA, SVITLANA // Prague Post;8/ 8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 32, pD2
The article reports on the fiscal pressures faced by companies in Ukraine as the October 28, 2012 parliamentary election approaches including the government's late payment of value-added tax (VAT) refunds, advance payment of income tax and being forced to buy state bonds.
- Virginia Governor Worries Shortfall Could Worsen to Over $500 Million. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p36
Reports the decrease of bond revenues in Virginia in the year 2002. Increase in income tax refunds; Reduction in government spending; Proposal of a budget bill for the year 2003&ndash2004.
- NEW JERSEY SUPREME COURT RULES THAT ERRONEOUS REFUND MUST BE RETURNED. Mittleman, Irwin; Levin, Mark H.; Goldwasser, Henry; Tipograph, Neil H.; Weinstock, Warren // CPA Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p74
Focuses on the ruling of the New Jersey State Supreme Court on erroneous corporation tax refund considered in the case of Playmates Inc. v. Director. Argument of the taxpayer on the nature of the payment of the overpayment of the tax; Analysis of the statutes of limitations.
- Virginia's $237 Million Shortfall Doesn't Alarm State's Finance Chief. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p5
Reports the decline of fiscal budget for th year 2002 in Virginia. Amount of budget shortage; Views of finance secretary John M. Bennett on the use of appropriated funds; Increase of income tax refunds.
- The new loss carry-back regime. Higgins, Ross // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);Sep2013, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p500
The article discusses the loss carry-back measure enacted in Australia for the purpose of allowing corporate tax entities to carry-back tax losses and apply them to tax payable in previous income years. It informs on the loss carry-back rules, corporate tax entity, and losses eligible and not...
- Hits and misses. Freeman, Peter // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2008, Issue 102, p88
The article reports on tax cuts and other cuts hidden in the budget in Australia. Families eligible for at least some Family Tax Benefit Part A payment will benefit from the education tax refund providing a 50% tax refund each year for key education expenses. It notes that the most high-profile...