Stocks rebound, prompting munis and Treasuries to drop down
- Municipal rally strongly after unemployment shows increase. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;04/06/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30366, p1
Presents information on the increase in the price of secondary municipal bond in Treasuries for April 3, 1998. Status of the Dow Jones industrial average; Discussion on the transaction of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter for the New York City Transitional Finance Authority future tax-secured bonds;...
- Municipal Bond Prices Quoted Down At Long End in Very Light Trading. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31292, p2
Reports on decline in prices of municipal bonds in the U.S. Increase in point ratings of the Dow Jones industrial average in equities market; Estimated price of new-issue supply of bonds.
- Munis Firmer as Dow Plummets. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;
The article reports that the municipal market was firmer in light trading while Treasuries gained as the Dow Jones industrial average declined to a 2008 low in the U.S. According to a trader in New York, the long end is performing really well, 2030 and out. Another trader in New York agreed that...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p25
Highlights stock performances in the United States for the week ending July 23, 2001. Percent change in the Dow Jones Index; Municipal bond market levels; Commodity prices.
- Stocks Swoon Again, and Bonds Are There to Pick Up Buyers. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p2
Reports the increase in municipal bond sales in the United States. Impact of the Treasury rally on bond buying; Account on the bonds offering form to investors; Details on unsold bond balances; Losses in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq; Rapid pace of bond selling.
- Munis End Unchanged After Some Spotty Gains. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/13/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33298, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on April 12, 2010 in the U.S. It notes that the market ended unchanged during the day following some spotty gains. It states that the Treasury yields headed lower despite the increase in Dow Jones industrial average. It also...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
Presents updates on the stock market as of June 2003. Result of the stock analysis of Dow Jones; Market levels of municipal bond; Companies included in securities trading.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/25/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p23
Presents a stock market index for Grand Rapids, Michigan as of July 2005. Dow Jones and Standard & Poor's price indexes per share; Trading updates; Municipal bond current market levels; Selected commodity prices.
- Munis Follow Treasury Yields South After Dow Jones Industrial Average Plummets. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32578, p7
The article reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. for the week ended March 1, 2007. The weekly yield indexes of "Bond Buyer" dropped during the week as municipal bonds followed Treasury yields south following the declining Dow Jones industrial average of 416...