Senator blocks renomination of CFTC member
- CFTC member's renomination opposed. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;11/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30265, p33
Discusses about US Senator Carol Moseley Braun opposing the renomination of Commodity Futures Trading Commission member Joseph Dial. Nomination of Barbara Holum.
- Clinton names 2 CFTC members to new terms. // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p37
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's nomination of Commodity Futures Trading Commission members Joseph B. Dial and Barbara Holum to serve three more years on the regulatory board. Career background.
- Dial leaves CFTC; renomination is blocked. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;11/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30279, p37
Reports that Commodity Futures Trading Commission member Joseph Dial has officially stepped down from his position this November 1997. Opposition led by Senator Carol Moseley-Braun which had prevented the Senate from voting on his renomination as the reason behind the decision.
- Dial's nomination questioned. Cavalleti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec97, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p22
Reports that the nomination of Joseph Dial as commissioner of US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) was being opposed. Criticism on Dial's move against approving the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) grain delivery proposal; Opposition of the CBOT against Dial.
- Gensler: Exemption May Cause Job Shift. // American Banker;6/15/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F323, p9
The article focuses on Commodity Futures Trading Commission chairman Gary Gensler who said large financial firms will move jobs overseas if they are exempted from U.S. Dodd-Frank Act rules on foreign branches and also more transparency is needed in the swaps market.
- CFTC Names New Executive Director. // Energy Daily;8/29/2011, Issue 165, p5
The article announces the appointment of Tony Thompson as executive director of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in August 2011.
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/8/99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p209
Reports that Thomas J. Erickson has been nominated to be a Commisioner of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- CHAIRMAN LAUDS NEW CFTC-SEC TIES. // Securities Industry News;11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p9
Interviews James Newsome, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) explaining how the negotiation between Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and CFTC strengthened their relationship. His views on determining the success of hybrid products; Effect of Commodity Futures...
- Corcoran to lead new office. Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
Reports the appointment of Andrea Corcoran as head of the Office of International Affairs of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Job of the international office.