California's spears: Set priorities to catch up on
- A sensitivity assessment of uncertainty in infrastructure expansion. Haynes, Kingsley E.; Krmenec, Andrew // Annals of Regional Science;Dec89, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p299
Under and overdesign is a major consideration in public infrastructure expansion. Traditional engineering economies of scale leading to overdesign errors must be counterbalanced by greater attention to high cost financing. Uncertainty in demand forecasting and in financial markets make decision...
- GR, Wyoming identify 21 projects for neediest areas. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/23/98, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Lists the 18 projects compiled by the city of Grand Rapids in Michigan as part of its application with the city of Wyoming for a federal economic development title to allow both cities to get infrastructure funds for designated distressed areas. Project title; Estimated cost of the projects.
- Building better amentities is key. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Jul2001, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the plan of the town of Parry Sound, Ontario for the economic development of the area. Improvement of infrastructure; Telecommunication; Health care; Transformation of the waterfront.
- 20-Acre Site Fraught With Unique Challenges. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p23
Reports on the challenges faced in the City of Grand Haven's North End Redevelopment Project in Michigan as of December 2, 2002. Location of the project; Information on the ongoing due-diligence process of the project; Former uses of the project site.
- Muscat invites firms for two road packages. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/23/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses the Oman Transport & Communications Ministry's requests for proposals for a road expansion project.
- City of Fajardo on a roll. Ruano, Linda Estela // Caribbean Business;2/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the public works investments of Fajardo City in Puerto Rico to complement the development projects planned by the private sector. How Mayor Anibal Melendez lead the implementation of the projects; Its total cost.
- Billions of Dollars' Worth of Infrastructure Projects Coming. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;11/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p8
The article presents information on the development of various infrastructure projects in the northern part of the U.S. including a hospital under construction in Escondido, California, a new military exchange, a new desalination plant in Carlsbad, California.
- The road block that leads back to the Treasury. Eglin, Roger // Management Today;Dec1993, p19
Persuades the British government to encourage private financing of infrastructure development projects. Risks faced by private financiers who are willing to support public projects; Criticisms on the Treasury's insistence that public projects could generally be financed more cheaply with public...
- A PLAN TO GROW. Burkey, Brent // Central Penn Business Journal;2/3/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the decision of Annville Economic Development Authority chairman Dick Charles to revise its economic development initiative to construct Annville Center in Pennsylvania in 2012. According to Charles, developers are making public infrastructure, seeks businesses to purchase...