Northeast bond watch
- Moody's: Q3 Upgrades Share Rises. // Bondbuyer.com;11/4/2014, p20
The article discusses the third quarter (Q3) of 2014 upgrades by Moody's Investors Service for 81 of 217 revisions on U.S. municipal bond issues. Topics covered include upgrades attributed to strong financial management in a good economic environment along with improvement of trends in the...
- New Jersey Housing Agency OKs $125M Refunding Plan. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p6
The article reports on the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency's approval of plans to refund up to $125 million with a mix of variable-rate, taxable and tax-exempt debt and an interest rate swap. The agency plans to refund about $35 million of debt sold in 1996. Bear, Stearns and Co....
- Housing Deals OK'd. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p39
Reports on the approval of two negotiated bonds by the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency. Total value of the bonds; Use of the funds to pay for a series of public housing projects; Schedule of the sale.
- Moody's Downgrades New Jersey Housing Bonds. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34154, p1
The article reports on downgrading of bonds issued by the New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency by Moody's Investors Service as of August 2014. Topics discussed include downgrading of agency's home mortgage bonds to Aa2 from Aa1 and housing revenue bonds, reflection of poor financial...
- Moody's: Basel Revisions Positive for VRDBs. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;1/15/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33845, p5
The article focuses on a report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc. that shows the committee of banking supervisory authority Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's revision is credit positive for municipal issuers of variable-rate demand bonds (VRDBs).
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Braun, Martin Z.; D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p37
Presents news briefs related to issue of bonds in different states of the U.S. Decision in the House of Maine on whether a casino should be built in the state or not; Bond anticipation notes issued by the state of Massachusetts in June 2003; Ratings assigned to the upcoming bond sales by...
- St. Louis IDA Hotel Bonds on Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service placed the Baa3 rating assigned to Saint Louis Industrial Development Authority in senior linen hotel revenue bonds for possible downgrade in Missouri.
- Fallen Angel Recovery Rates Top Junk. // High Yield Report;1/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the findings of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s study showing that recovery rates on defaulted corporate bonds continued their upward trajectory in 2003.
- Harrisburg Bonds on Review Over Distressed-City Option. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p6
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to review the combined 86.4 million dollar of Harrisburg Authority water bonds and Harrisburg Parking Authority revenue bonds since the city can apply for distressed communities program that would downgrade the bonds in Pennsylvania.