Market finds value in high-grade names and a newcomer
- Buyback For ARS Extended. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33238, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to extend the expiration date for temporary rules allowing bond issuers to buy and hold tax-exempt auction rate security (ARS), commercial paper, and variable-rate bonds from December 31, 2009 to December 31, 2010. The...
- Richmond Agencies Gear Up for $90M Redevelopment Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p4
Reports on the complex innovative tax-exempt deal initiated by local authorities in Richmond, Virginia. Reliance on a host of revenue pledges; Sale of tax-increment financing bonds; Complication of special assessment deal.
- Naming-Rights Clarion. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p1
Reports on municipal bond attorneys' request to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to issue formal guidance on tax-exempt bond deals involving naming rights for sports and conventions. Cause of concerns over the issue; Issues raised by municipal bond attorneys; Analysts' opinion about the issue.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p36
Presents information about yields on short-term tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. bond market as of March 8, 2002. Value of municipal market data for the month of March; Money market municipal index for the global investment bank Lehman Brothers; Municipal swap index of the Bond Market Association.
- Concern Over Conduits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p1
Reports the concern of Mark Scott, national director for tax-exempt bonds of the Internal Revenue Service on the removal of its power to penalize conduit borrowers who violate the tax laws the U.S. Movement in changing the legal interpretation of section 150(b) of the tax code; Deduction of...
- IRS: 63 Agreements Reached This Year, With No Investors Taxed. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p4
Reports the closing agreement of the Internal Revenue Service with bond issuers on tax-exempt bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Investigation of the agency on forty tax sheltered-related cases; Emphasis of the agency on the blind-pools and zero coupon deals of tax shelter abuses; Effort of the agency...
- TAX-EXEMPT BONDS: A SACRED COW THAT GAVE (SOME) MILK. Zimmerman, Dennis // National Tax Journal;Sep89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p283
This article addresses issues related to tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. as of September 1989. Entitled to reverence and respect or holy might leap to the minds of many state and local officials, investment bankers, and bond lawyers upon seeing the term sacred used to refer to tax-exempt bonds. But...
- Converse IRBs OK'd. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p35
Reports that Wyoming state and county officials have approved the issuance of $9 million of tax-exempt industrial revenue bonds to help Interline Resources Corp. rebuild a gas plant that was nearly 80 percent destroyed by an explosion in 2002.
- IRS Redoubles Investigation of 501(c)(3) `Blind Pools'. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p5
Focuses on the investigation by the Internal Revenue Service into 'blind pool' tax-exempt bonds issued by 501 (c) (3) organizations in the U.S. Reason for issuing the blind pool bonds by the organizations; Requirement to issue the tax-exempt bonds; Contradiction between pattern of loaning used...