Merrill official calls for securities firms to take tough
- Gorman Moving Up, Martin Out at Merrill. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;12/4/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 231, p20
Reports on the reshuffling of executives as a result of Merrill Lynch & Co.'s efforts to combine its U.S. and international brokerage. Responsibilities conferred on James Gorman to lead the brokerage efforts; Decision of the company's international private client unit chief G. Kelly Martin to...
- A reasonable Merrill deal. // Crain's New York Business;10/15/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
The article reports that in the next few weeks, Merrill Lynch & Co. will decide where to locate its corporate headquarters and the 7,500 employees who now work at the World Financial Center, New York City. It is stated that it will be crucial whether the city and state will grant tax breaks and...
- HERE'S THE BEEF, BUT WHERE'S THE SIZZLE? // U.S. Banker;Dec2000, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the business planning of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the United States. Willingness of extending credit to customers; Need of transferring brokerage account to the firm; Payment of bills automatically.
- Merrill Rumored to Be Mulling Retail Reorganization. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jun2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Speculates on the plan of Merrill Lynch to restructure its retail management system. Implication of such move; Information on E. Stanley O'Neal, president of the private client group at Merrill; Changes made by Merrill at its payment schedule for brokers.
- Merrill Lynch hosts financial seminar. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/1/95, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p12
Reports that the seminar `Financial Resources for Small Business Owner,' was held on April 20, 1995, at the Merrill Lynch office in Garden City, New York. Presentation of the services provided by the company's financial and private client services divisions; Contact information.
- How Merrill parlays its presence on Main St. Allen, James C. // American Banker;3/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 44, p14
Reports on Merrill Lynch's business financial services. How it acquires plum assignments from small businesses; Network of brokers; Working capital management account; Financial planning consultation.
- Merrill Rolls Out New Recruiting Deals. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p17
Reports on a recruiting plan launched by Merrill Lynch in the U.S. in September 2003. Features of the plan; Benefits of the plan to transferring brokers; Views of recruiters on the plan; Challenges facing Merrill Lynch in relation to the plan.
- Creo Taps Merrill as Advisor on Strategic Review. Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the selection of Merrill Lynch by Creo Inc. to advice on a review of its strategic alternatives, including a possible sale of its prepress system business, as of October 2004. Value of the company; Impact of the selection of the advisor on the share performance of Creo; Background on...
- Sweeping Changes to Sharebroking. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p49
There's an air of nervous anticipation in the sharebroking industry as it braces for the prospect of major changes, which some say will be as sweeping as those which hit the market in the aftermath of the 1987 sharemarket crash. A key concern is the arrival on the local scene of a new batch of...