Two Los Angeles issuers team up to help rescue downtown project
- L.A. Story. Bruns, Adams // Site Selection;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p740
The article discusses the plan of Italian railcar manufacturer AnsaldoBreda Inc. to locate a manufacturing plant in Los Angeles County, California. It states that AnsaldoBreda chose California to stop shipping railcars halfway around the world, to make light-rail cars for the Los Angeles County...
- Unique plan developed to improve hotel's fortunes. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;5/24/93, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p34
Reports on Los Angeles, California City Council's approval of a lease agreement between the financially troubled Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency (LACRA). Agreement of LACRA to prepay six years rent for office space of the adjoining building owned by...
- Getting there. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2011, p11
The article reports on the business proposition of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, to create the preliminary design for an extension of the county's Green Line light rail to Los Angeles, California, International Airport.
- City reports: Los Angeles. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the formation of a partnership between the Los Angeles, California Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and local community organizers for the building of housing for low- and middle-income residents. Provisions; Services offered; Role of city leaders.
- L.A. agency's issue reaps benefits from downtown rebound. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p40
Reports that the Los Angeles City Community Redevelopment Agency has sold off $93.3 million of tax allocation refunding bonds for its Central Business District redevelopment agency project on November 13, 1997. Market analysts' prediction that investors would see the bonds as a good buy; Rating...
- Springtime comes to the cold war. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;4/8/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p8
Relates that the Community Redevelopment Agency in Los Angeles, California is commissioning artists to use the air-raid sirens around the city as the basis for art. How revamping the 200 sirens, which were put up in the 1950s and disconnected in 1985, will be backed by $20,000 in grants to...
- Negotiations Begin On Proposed NoHo Stage Complex. DeSalvo, Kathy // SHOOT;04/30/99, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p7
Reports that the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency in California has decided to begin the negotiations on the proposed construction of a studio-complex in North Hollywood. Total area of the proposed studio-complex; Features; Prospective construction company to undertake the project.
- L.A. averts settlement in another tunnel job. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/15/95, Vol. 234 Issue 19, p15
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has suspended tunneling on a Metro Red Line contract. Effect of settlements on the subway's third segment; Officials decision to prevent a repeat of a 1994's subsidence under Hollywood Boulevard.
- Tax-Credit Bonds Get New Push. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p1
The article reports that Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority of California has initiated a nationwide push to develop a new tax-credit bond program of 45 billion U.S. dollars to finance transportation projects.