New York law gives IDAs power to issue bonds for hospitals
- Should Tax-Free Industrial Revenue Bonds Be Eliminated? // Banking;Sep66, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the concerns regarding a legislation on industrial revenue bonds in the United States (U.S.). Actions taken by the Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service regarding tax-exempt securities; Arguments of bond dealers; Comments from Wilbur Mills, chairman of the House...
- L.A. Agency Seeks More Industrial Development Debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p4
Reports on the Los Angeles City Industrial Development Authority's plan to use a study showing the economic benefits of industrial development bonds (IDB) to try and access more of the state's allocation of tax-exempt, private-activity debt. Job created by industrial development bond issues in...
- Surveying Troubled Sector, Analysts Perceive a Definite Pulse. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p29
Reports the financial status of the health care sector in the United States. Increase in the prices for hospital bonds; Evaluation of the performance of the health care bonds market by financial analysts; Factor contributing to the performance of heath care bonds.
- Deal in Focus: Off Life Support, N.H. Hospitals Raising Record Capital. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p40
Reports on the decision of the New Hampshire Health & Higher Education Facilities Authority to sell its uninsured bonds. Purpose of the sale; Value of health care and education bonds sold by the authority in 2001; Rating awarded by various U.S. rating agencies to the bonds.
- As Sector's Gloom Lifts, Maryland Hospitals Jump to Issue Debt. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on efforts of Maryland health care facilities to issue bonds and take advantage of favorable financial conditions. Financial conditions that hospitals expect to exploit; Revenue bonds sold by the University System of Maryland in a day; Plans for which bond proceeds are earmarked.
- Lakeland, Fla., Health System Readies $60 Million Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p30
Reports on the plan of Lakeland Regional Health Systems to sell hospital revenue bonds in Florida. Use of the proceeds of the sale; Underwriter of the bonds; Issuance of the bonds on parity.
- Newly Appointed Okla. Bond Council Meets Amid Ongoing Legal Conflicts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p5
Reports the consideration of the bonds for projects ranging from power plants to health care facilities in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Factors affecting the pending bond issues; Accounts on the unconstitutionality of the bond approval process.
- Regional Health in South Dakota Offers $57M for Projects, Refunding. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/4/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33361, p3
The article reports on the offering of fixed-rate revenue bonds worth 57 million U.S. dollars by the Regional Health System in South Dakota to finance different capital projects and refund fixed-rate debt.
- Affirmation on Mount Sinai. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33398, p9
The article offers information that the firm Fitch Ratings Ltd. has approved the BB-plus rating on Mount Sinai Medical Center Inc. in Miami, Florida.