Bullish labor data has muted impact; Munis close flat in lean
- Equities drop after US jobs data disappoints. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;8/2/2013, p11
The article reports that the stockmarkets in the US have experienced market declines after the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released data related to employment and job creation in July 2013.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; California Offers $500M of GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p2
This article reports that Municipal bond prices finished little changed, having given up earlier gains after Treasuries turned south following the 10-year note auction, while California sold $500 million of general obligation bonds in the new-issue market. Crossover buyers stepped into the...
- Bond Buyer Indexes See Little Change in Holiday-Shortened Week. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p6
This article reports that the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes saw little change during this holiday-shortened week. Facing, light supply, municipal bond prices erased most of their losses that occurred in the aftermath of last Friday's August non-farm payrolls report. A sell-off ensued when...
- Muni Traders See Flat Yields Amid Firmness. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;10/20/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33602, p2
The article reports on the municipal bond market in New York City, in which traders see a flat tax-exempt yields, despite the firmness of the market. It says that 6.7 billion dollars of new issuance in the municipal bond market is estimated by the industry, wherein three deals are expected to...
- Municipal Prices Climb ï¿½ Point As Market Winds Down for July 4. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p2
Reports the increasing prices for municipal bond in the U.S. Decrease of the stock prices; Recovery of the labor market; Assessment of the manufacturing cost index.
- Long Bond Drops In Short Session. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on October 9, 1998. Attitude of investors towards municipals; Stock prices; Circulation of limited number of bids; Reason behind the short trading session.
- ADVISORY GROUP SAYS ULLICO STOCK TRADES BROKE NO LAWS. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the legality of stock trades of ULLICO Inc. ULLICO Inc. announced on March 28, 2003 that it would release a report that analyzes controversial stock transactions by some members of the insurance company's board of directors. ULLICO's President Robert A. Georgine, the...
- Municipal action was mere blip, as session slowed by labor report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p2
Reports on the slow performance of municipal bond prices following the release of the US Labor Department's non-farm payroll report for January 1999. Expected stay of municipal bonds at lower levels; Continuing decline in Treasuries.
- WALL ST./FINANCE. // MondayMorning;5/18/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p3
The article presents information on various developments related to the U.S. stock market. According to market analysts, investors, who had caused the stocks to rise the prior week, had started selling. The U.S. Department of Labor said Friday that consumer prices were flat in April 2009, as...