- EPA's new approach slowly taking shape. McGowan, Elizabeth // Waste News;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p4
The article informs that conservation and recycling are achieving front-burner status at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A streamlined staff and a remodeled infrastructure at the national and regional levels are evidence that the EPA is no longer focusing solely on writing and...
- Your Hits Parade. Alderman, Lesley // Real Simple;May2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p62
Back in the old days, making a music mix tape ï¿½ with just your favorite songs, not all the bad ones in between ï¿½ required hours of tedium in front of your stereo system. Now newly affordable CD burners make the mix process a lot simpler and the quality much better. CD burners, properly...
- PICK OF THE DAY. // Mail on Sunday;9/ 2/2012, p38
- The white ghost. Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;May95, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p16
Describes a situation in which a firefighter encounters the phenomenon in oil burner fires called white ghost. Description; Causes; How to deal with a white ghost.
- Reader enjoys firefighter photo. Degges, Tonya // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p5
A letter to the editor is presented related to the publication of the photograph of a firefighter at the front page of the newspaper.
- Firefight. Schwab, Kathleen Curdy // Book Report;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p85
Reviews the videotape 'Firefight: Stories From the Front Lines,' produced by David Wittkower.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS. // Fire Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on physical fitness assessment programs among fire fighters in the U.S. Importance of cardiovascular fitness; Complexity of firefighting wellness and fitness; Training of firefighters.
- YOU CALLED MAYDAY! NOW WHAT? Angulo, Raul A.; Clark, Burton A.; Auch, Steven // Fire Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p93
The article focuses on the national attention on the safety of firefighters in the U.S. A question was asked recently as with all the advancements made in personal protective clothing and equipment, why has not the American line-of-duty deaths statistic declined in the past 30 years compared...
- Fitness and Health: Two Keys to Firefighter Safety. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the importance of fitness and health among firefighters. Major health problems among firefighters; Strength needed in firefighting; Facts about heart disease.
- Front Burner: Al Qaeda's Attack on the USS Cole. McMichael, William H. // Military History;Jul2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p71
The article reviews the book "Front Burner: Al Qaeda's Attack on the USS Cole," by Kirk S. Lippold.