- Volunteers Helping Quinte Walleye Assessments. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2014, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the role of the Bay of Quinte Volunteer Angler Diary program for helping the Ministry of Natural Resources Lake Ontario Management Unit in Quinte which assess angling days, size of fish and hours spent in fishing.
- The 75-Foot Quint: Know What It Can Do. ADAMS, BILL // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p75
The article discusses the diminishing capabilities of the quintuple fire apparatus or quint and the limitations that purchasing a quint imposes on fireground operations. Small and big quints are differentiated. According to the article, the small quint has gained widespread acceptance and...
- Miscellaneous fictions. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Mar1995, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p6
Editorial. Discusses several fictions or myths in the fire service in the United States. Includes 911 as a replacement for street-based fire reporting equipment; Fire service's need for college-educated firefighters to progress in the future; Quints as replacement for the need for truck companies.
- 5 for fighting fires. FAULKNER, JIMMY // Fire Chief;Jan2013, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p74
The article offers information about quintuple combination pumper or quint, a fire service apparatus that serves the dual purpose of an engine and a ladder truck. It discusses the five functions which quint provides including pump, water tank, fire hose and aerial device. It further discusses...
- Five Quick Ways to Win. // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p85
The article presents a discussion of leadership principles to be used in organizations, adapted from an article by Studer Group founder and CEO Quint Studer.
- WCDMA FRONT-END MODULES AND THEIR CRITICAL ROLE IN 3G WIRELESS HANDSETS. // Microwave Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p134
The article evaluates TriQuint Semiconductor Inc.'s WCDMA front-end modules and its role in 3G wireless handsets.
- Decisions must be based on science and biology. Reader, Mike // Ontario Out of Doors;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the influence of emotional arguments on deriving a poor decision-making with regards to nature conservation in Bay of Quinte, Ontario. Role of anglers and hunters in defending hunting and fishing heritage; Features of the Bay of Quinte; Challenges in solving the problems in the bay.
- Balancing Act. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;9/13/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 37, p16
The article focuses on the 15th annual roundtable conference, held by the periodical "Supermarket News," to discuss the future of the supermarket industry. Neil Currie, executive director for UBS Securities, believes that economy has still not entered the recovery phase. Gary Giblen, executive...
- The Quint forays into documentary film making - 'THE WILD WEST OF UTTAR PRADESH'. // Adgully;12/7/2015, p1
The article discusses and describes a new documentary by media publication firm The Quint, titled 'The Wild West of Uttar Pradesh' and focused communal violence in the state.
- Qorvo Joins Lexicon After Big Chip Merger. MICHAEL PERRAULT // Investors Business Daily;1/28/2015, pA06
An interview with Bob Bruggeworth, the chief executive officer of Qorvo, is presented. Bruggeworth discusses the move of RF Micro Devices Inc. (RFMD) to acquire TriQuint Semiconductor Inc. worth $1.6 billion. He also discusses his role to lead a new management team working to integrate the...