- How much noise should a woman make in bed? Tager, Joshua // Glamour;Sep99, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p189
Presents the thoughts of men on how much noise should a woman make while having sex.
- Potato chip theory: How to make the market thirst for your product. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Press;11/07/97, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p29
Comments on the criteria for deciding how much follow up should be included as a part of sales promotion. Impact to much follow up measures on the possibility of making a sale; Definition of the potato chip strategy.
- Economics and Preventing Hospital-acquired Infection. Graves, Nicholas // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Apr2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p561
The economics of preventing hospital-acquired infections is most often described in general terms. The underlying concepts and mechanisms are rarely made explicit but should be understood for research and policy-making. We define the key economic concepts and specify an illustrative model that...
- Campaign for real lectures. Greenhalgh, Trisha // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/31/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7655, p1252
The author reflects on the art of lecturing. She suggests that the success of a lecture should not be measured by how much people's knowledge has grown but by how much their framing of the topic has changed. She argues that people who give lectures should make use of royalty free images that are...
- The natural solution. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Dec2009, Vol. 49 Issue 2, Special section p22
The article discusses the ways on how to adapt ventilation systems in buildings in order to reduce operating costs, comply with carbon targets and make the buildings more efficient. It also cites the forecast of British energy watchdog, Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem), that energy...
- Ten-thousand dollars later, you have a brand new old car. Martin, Keith // AutoWeek;4/1/96, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p24
Gives an estimation on how much it would cost to give an old car a make over. Estimated amount for interior; Type of material to use; Amount to be spent for the mechanical side; Requirement for the transmission.
- Should You Tell Coworkers How Much You Make? Hallman, Linda D.; Lee, Jessica // Glamour;Oct2009, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p253
The authors present arguments about whether coworkers should discuss how much money they make. The author in favor of discussing salaries with coworkers says that women usually make only 78% of what their male coworkers make. However, the opposing viewpoint says that most coworkers do not want...
- Care necessities. Kenny, Mel // Money Marketing;10/18/2012, p39
The author shares his reflections on why financial planners in Great Britain should show how much they care. According to the author, care comes naturally for financial planners who get pleasure from helping their clients. By showing how much they care, financial planners can make a huge...
- How much data should you use to prepare forecasts? Jain, Chaman L. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter94/95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
Editorial. Discusses factors to consider when making decisions on how much data should be used to prepare forecasts. Data pattern; Type of industry; Type of product; Forecast horizon; Model selected; Expost forecasts.
- Ready for reform? Start with a full-time council. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/23/97, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p10
Opinion. Looks at the wages of city workers in Chicago. Members of the City Council highly paid; What city dwellers should demand from their Aldermen; Threat of corruption in the state; How much heads of city departments make.