- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;7/4/94, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p10
Gives information on fireworks. Estimated sales in 1994; Portion of fireworks that are imported; Number of people treated in emergency rooms for fireworks-related injuries; Number of states that allow fireworks sales; More.
- Miniblind warning. // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) issuing of a press release expressing concern over possible lead hazards posed by imported vinyl miniblinds in the United States. Recommendations by the CPSC.
- Remember to practice fireworks safety. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/23/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p8
The article focuses on the report of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which states that seven fireworks-related deaths were recorded in 2007 and about 7,000 people were treated for injuries caused by firecrackers, rockets, and sparklers.
- Light Her Fuse. Stein, Joel // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p70
The article discusses the importance of fireworks in reviving a relationship between a couple.
- Fireworks safety. // U.S. Kids;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p17
Presents important rules to follow in playing fireworks. Danger of playing fireworks; Burn as one of the most painful injuries for children in the United States; Best way to enjoy fireworks.
- At 79, he lights the sky with spectacular displays of fireworks. Stowell, Colles // New Hampshire Business Review;4/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Profiles Dick Townsend, a 79-year-old fireworks display maker in New England. Education; Experiences in the fireworks-making business; Importance of display in the operations of fireworks display.
- Fire in the Sky: A Global Plague. Smith, Gar // Earth Island Journal;Summer2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the environmental implications of fireworks. Proposal of a fireworks tax by the Dutch Environmental Ministry; Effectivity of the ban on the importation of lead-bearing fireworks; Background on the pyrotechnic disaster in Lima, Peru.
- CPSC third party testing and certification requirements in effect this month. Cohen, Neal S. // Kids Today;Jan2012, Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on the federal regulation implied by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). It includes information on important changes on the way of regulation of CPSC that is concerned with the governance of the juvenile products industry under the Consumer Product...
- By the Numbers. // Workforce;Jul2015, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p11
Statistics are given regarding the numbers of the on-the-job training, the value of fireworks imported from China and the revenue of the U.S. fireworks industry.
- Pyrotechnic Fireworks. Berino, Jeff // Claims;Jul2005, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p32
Discusses issues concerning fireworks accidents in relation to insurance claims as of July 2005. Percentage of imported consumer fireworks shipments in the U.S. containing illegal amount of explosives; Factors to consider in handling claims from fireworks display injuries; Causes of accidents...