- Mandatory retirement age bill clears subcommittee. // Fire Engineering;May95, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p28
Reports that a bill which would permanently exempt public safety workers from the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) by the Employer-Employee Relations Subcommittee of the House Economics and Educational Opportunities Committee (HEEOC). Provisions.
- Senate Restores Tax Incentives to Energy Bill. Kinnander, Ola; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p3
Reports the restoration of the tax incentives of the energy bill by Senate in Washington. Issues on tax-exempt bonds; Views of chief lobbyist for the American Public Power Association Joe Nipper on tax incentives; Plans of Congress to pass a bill on public power bonds.
- Public-Private Route Being Used for Water Projects. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p4
Reports on the expansion of drinking water supplies in the U.S. Consideration of desalination as an attractive option; Contribution of public-private partnerships in funding the projects; Call of Texas governor Rick Perry for Congress to restore the ability of private firms to benefit from...
- Bills in Congress could force unions on police, firefighters. // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p16
Warns that bills in the United States Congress could force unions on police and firefighters. Provisions by `The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act'; Implementation of the law by bureaucrats; Exemption for state laws; Growth of public sector unionization.
- Capital intelligence. Leiser, Roland; Edleson, Harriet // Travel Agent;2/6/95, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p34
Reports that air safety will likely be exempt if Congress passes a bill for a six-month freeze on new government rules.
- CHAPTER 1: Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). DelPo, Amy // Essential Guide to Federal Employment Laws;4/ 1/2011, p27
A summary is presented of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) passed by the U.S. Congress in 1967.
- The accidental tyranny of congress. Walters, Jonathan // Governing;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the accomplishments of the mandate law passed by the United States Congress in 1995. Circumstances surrounding the passing of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993; Information on the effects of RFRA; Examination of the gun law amendment passed by Congress; Information on an...
- ADEA legislation is introduced to Congress. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Sep93, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p156
Reports on a proposed legislation amending the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). Representative Austin J. Murphy; Provision barring mandatory retirement exemptions.
- FOIA Exemption May Be Fixed. Oder, Norman // Library Journal;4/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p18
Reports that Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy and four others introduced the Restore Freedom of Information Act (Restore FOIA), which they say would protect Americans' 'right to know' while simultaneously contributing to the security of the nation's infrastructure. Explanation that the bill would...
- AARP, et al., Amici Curiae. Radowitz, Melvin // Supreme Court Debates;Mar2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p92
The article reports that in order to implement the will of the U.S. Congress expressed in the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), older workers must have the right to pursue both disparate treatment and disparate impact claims. While the Supreme Court concluded that Congress limited...