CD DVD piracy
- Safe Disc V3.1. // Software World;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on SafeDisc version 3.1 from Macrovision Corp. Upgrading of CD/DVD-ROM copy-protection against hacking and unauthorized copying of protected titles. Instance-based security that creates individual new security systems for each title; Expanded Professional Services with on-site...
- Electronic Licensing Systems Thwart Piracy. Grossman, Steve // Electronic Design;05/21/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the development of a computer software anti-piracy technology, called electronic licensing, which controls or monitors customer compliance with license terms and records license usage in report logs. Estimated multi-billion dollar losses due to unauthorized software usage;...
- Wizards to Thwart Pirates. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;12/14/98, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p3
Introduces the Registration Wizard for Office 2000 Premium Edition, a computer software claimed to help prevent software piracy from the Microsoft Corp. How the software works; Test conducted on the software; Average piracy rates worldwide.
- Microsoft's new anti-piracy technologies. // New Zealand Management;Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 3, Special section p3
Reports that Microsoft New Zealand unveiled anti-piracy technologies and an Internet monitoring program as of April 2000. Number of Web sites which are selling pirated software according to the Business Software Alliance; Negative impact of piracy on honest system builders and consumers;...
- Register Your Software--or Else! Wood, Christina // PC World;Oct2000, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p35
Discusses the reasons why Microsoft Office 2000 will stop working unless users register the software. How mandatory registration of software helps prevent software piracy; Other companies that require registration of software, including Intuit, Autodesk and Adobe.
- STOP thief. Braue, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/06/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6260, p66
Focuses on software piracy prevention in Australia as of February 6, 2001. Scope of the software piracy problem in the country; Business Software Association of Australia's anti-piracy campaign; Privacy protection group's protest against the software protection efforts of software vendors.
- Preventive and Deterrent Controls for Software Piracy. Gopal, Ram D.; Sanders, G. Lawrence // Journal of Management Information Systems;Spring97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p29
In an attempt to protect their intellectual property and compete effectively in an increasingly dynamic marketplace, software publishers have employed a number of preventive and deterrent controls to counter software piracy. Conventional wisdom suggests that reducing piracy will force consumers...
- Are you guilty of being a software pirate? Berthiaume, Marc // New Hampshire Business Review;7/4/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p21
The author reflects on the issue concerning software piracy. He stresses that when the certain kind of situation will run rampant in large office environments, it is essential that small-business owners understand the importance of software license compliance. Moreover, he offers significant...
- Embroiderers frayed by privacy fight. Goldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on EmbroideryOrganizationInformation, a Yahoo Groups discussion group set up by Embroidery Software Protection Coalition in the U.S. The online discussion was formed in response to piracy and copyright infringement charges made by the coalition against those who uses...