The tools and twists of DVD authoring
- In DVD's own. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the Digital Video Disc-Recordable (DVD-R) market as of July 1998. DVD-R as the slowest growing sector of the DVD market; Background on the DVD-R technology; Construction of DVD-R; Internal disc arrangement; DVD-R recording process; Optimum power control; Capacity limiting factors. ...
- DVD ready for prime time in the Big Three. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p33
Looks into the market potential of digital video discs (DVD) in the United States. Possibility of reaching critical mass by the 1998 Christmas season; Testing of DVD rentals at Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and other video chains; Marketing strategies.
- In the meantime... Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on developments on the digital versatile disk (DVD) market presented at Online Inc.'s DVD Professional conference held in February 1998 in Orlando, Florida. Features and price of Pioneer's DVD-V7200; Projections on the number of DVD-ROM-equipped personal computers by 2002.
- The DVD battle. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;9/2/95, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p84
Reports on the development of digital videodiscs (DVDs) by manufacturers in the United States. Features of the data systems from Super Density Alliance; Companies associated with the MultiMedia CD group; Development of the bonding technology.
- Video disc picture: $6 bil a year. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;3/29/95, Vol. 336 Issue 31, p3
Forecasts annual revenues of the digital video disc (DVD) industry. Impact of format wars; Sales of DVD players; Development of two separate standards for DVD.
- DVD PRO: `Equal Opportunity' conference. Misek, Marla // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports on Online Inc.'s DVD PRO conference to be held in Santa Barbara, California, on August 31 to September 1, 1998. Event's highlights; Comparison with other DVD-focused conferences.
- DVD summit...a la Versailles. Guenette, David R. // EMedia Professional;Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
Announces the holding of the DVD Summit, the first European conference to address the strategic Digital Video Disc (DVD) issues and publishing opportunities for Phase Alteration Standard (PAL). Sponsors of the summit to be held on November 30-December 2, 1997 in Trianon Palace, Versailles,...
- The CD-ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p15
Presents information on the number of units of compact discs/digital versatile disc drive sales as of August 1998.
- Battle shaping up in Hollywood over DVD dominance. // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p19
Focuses on the implications of the large digital video disc (DVD) sales generated by Divx in December 1998. Intensity of competition in the DVD market; Conflict between DVD manufacturers over copyright issues.