Leading audio companies to develop software for Silicon Graphics platform
- SGI AND SANAVIGATOR FORM ALLIANCE FOR SAN SOLUTIONS. // Networks Update;Jul2001, p2
Reports on the alliance between SANavigator Inc. and SGI. Offering of SANavigator storage area networks (SAN) management software to SGI customers; Promotion of widespread deployment of centralized SAN solutions.
- BLAUSTEIN INSTITUTE SELECTS SGI FOR ECOSYSTEM STUDY. // Mainframe Computing;May2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Announces that the Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research in Negev, Israel has acquired the Altix 3000 operating system from Silicon Graphics. Key features of Altix; Reasons for selecting Altix; Information on the studies to be performed using the Altix system.
- SGI INITIATIVE BRINGS GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY TO LINUX
COMPUTERS. // Computer Workstations;Mar2004, p1
The article reports that Silicon Graphics Inc. (SGI) has launched an initiative to bring graphics technology to computers running the Linux operating system. The SGI Visualization Developer Tool Kit for Linux, available immediately, includes a full suite of tools and technologies that accelerate...
- SGI/ATSEC EVALUATE RED HAT LINUX 4 UPDATE 4 AT EAL3+. // UNIX Update;Dec2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the completion by SGI and atsec information security of the Common Criteria evaluation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4 Update 4 at evaluation assurance level (EAL) 3+ with compliance to the Controlled Access Protection Profile (CAPP). The SGI Altix server platform was...
- NOS SELECTS SGI ORIGIN 300 SYSTEM AS PORTAL SERVER. // UNIX Update;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the purchase of Silicon Graphics Inc.'s SGI Origin 300 compact modular supercomputer by Nederlandse Omroep Stichting to use it as portal server.
- SGI DEBUTS OPTIMIZED LINUX ENVIRONMENT FOR HIGH-PERFORMANCE. // UNIX Update;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the debut of SGI in Linux(R) for technical computing with an optimized Linux software environment that scales to hundreds of Intel (R) Itanium(R) 2 processors, with up to 64 processors in a single Linux node.
- DARPA SELECTS SGI TO CONDUCT COMPUTER SYSTEMS CONCEPT STUDY. // Mainframe Computing;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of SGI by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to conduct a concept study for computing systems.
- SGI SUPERCOMPUTER ADVANCES CLIMATE MODEL STUDIES AT LOS ALAMOS. // Mainframe Computing;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pN.PAG
Focuses on the installation of the 512-processor Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI)(R) Origin(R) 3800 supercomputer at Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico in July 2002. Significance of the installation to government and academic researchers; Main objective of the Los Alamos National...
- SGI ALTIX SCALABLE LINUX SUPERCOMPUTING CLUSTERS DEBUT. // Mainframe Computing;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Announces the release of the Altix 3000 server, scalable Linux supercomputer clusters, by SGI. Objective of the product; Features of the product; Universities that have ordered the product.