OSTA conducts compatibility tests between CD Media, DVD devices
- OSTA makes play for MULTIPLAY. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the Optical Storage Technology Association meeting held in December 2000. Developments in optical media sector; Information on MultiPlay, a compact disc compatibility specification; Capabilities that players must have to be MultiPlay-compliant.
- CD-R file format ensures interchangeability. // Electronic Design;8/19/96, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p27
Reports on the adoption of a specification for a unified logical file format by the Optical Storage Technology Association to advance the use of CD-Recordable (CD-R) technology. Definition of a common scheme of packet writing to ensure interchangeability of CDR disks; Contact information.
- CD-RW's Multiread moves forward... Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p18
Provides information on the market potentials of compact disc-rewritable (CD-RW), a phase-change media-based extension of the CD technology, as discussed by the Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA). Challenges faced by CD-RW; Participants in the OSTA meeting who reported the progress...
- CD-R goes under microscope. Frost, Tim // Pro Sound News;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p14
Comments on the establishment of the Optical Storage Technology Association, by media manufacturers who questioned the compatibility of CD-R discs and CD-R writers within the compact disc industry in the United Kingdom. Effects of problems confronting CD-R discs; Processes involved in CD-R...
- 10 key queries on CD-recordable tech. // Electronic News;04/07/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2162, p38
Presents some of the Optical Storage Technology Association's (OSTA) response to questions regarding CD-recordable technology. Reliability and read-compatibility; Difference between 63-minute and 74-minute media; Cleaning the CD-R media; Advantages of recording CDs versus CD replication; Effect...
- Test results: CD-R compatibility no longer in question. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p60
Announces that the most rigorous compatibility testing yet performed on CD-Recordable drives and media has proven the technology solid for widespread consumer use. What the tests by the Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA) revealed; How the global test results can be viewed or...
- MultiRead Specs and the Universal Disk Format. Jacso, Peter // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p42
Discusses several topics related to CD-ROMs as of November 1, 1998. Rewritable compact discs; The MultiRead specifications developed by the Optical Storage Technology Association; Questions about readability of various CD-ROM types; The Universal Disk Format; What will be necessary for true...
- CD-ROMs on the move. Drayton, Judy // Orana;Nov95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p281
Reports on the Optical Storage Technology Association's agreement on a standard for high density compact discs. Features of the Universal Disc Format.
- OSTA announces UDF for optical storage devices and HDCD. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Dec95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the introduction of the Universal Disc Format (UDF) by Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA). Explanation of UDF; Lack of single standard disk format; High-density compact disk applications.