Macrovision, Digimarc propose digital watermarking solution for digital copy protection
- A banner year for Macrovision's anti-copy efforts. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;11/19/94, Vol. 106 Issue 47, p61
Reports on Macrovision Corp.'s campaign for the protection of electronically transmitted and prerecorded video programs from unauthorized copying or viewing. Macrovision-encoding of video tapes from home video companies; Macrovision's cease-and-desist settlement with HSN Marketing that remove...
- Watermark for media. // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on an agreement among Macrovision, Philips Electronics and Digimarc to work together to develop and market a combined digital watermarking and play control solution to prevent unauthorized copying of high-quality digital video disks and electronically delivered digital video transmissions.
- digimarc announces the VWM GROUP, license with philips. // EMedia Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the partnership announced by Digimarc Corporation with Hitachi, Macrovision, NEC, Philips, Pioneer and Sony to form the Video Watermarking (VWM) Group. Purpose of the partnership; Focus of the VWM Group solution.
- Info alert. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p62
Presents information on Digimarc Corporation, a pioneer in digital watermarking technology, in Portland, Oregon. Information on the company's digital watermarks; Details on the company.
- Signing the disc. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p19
Reports that Digimarc Corp. has announced a technology for embedding information directly within photographs, video, audio and other creative property. Function of the holographic signatures; Features of the technology.
- Macrovision, DiviCom in set-top pact. // Electronic News;10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p18
Reports on Macrovision Corp.'s plan to build its pay-per-view anticopy system into DiviCom's video compression technology.
- Macrovision has original solution for home copying. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;9/4/93, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p65
Reports on Macrovision Corp.'s solution for the unauthorized copying of video rental and sell-through. Encoding of anti-copy signals; Statistics on home copying; Price of Macrovision's tapes.
- Protected winnings. // Billboard;10/2/93, Vol. 105 Issue 40, p77
Features a photograph Angela and Lena Kendrew, winners of the Macrovision drawing used to stock the Kendrews' robot-operated store in California. Function of the computer software.
- Copyright question of the month. // Technology Connection;Sep95, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p44
Responds to queries regarding the legality of viewing video cassette tapes by students onboard commercial busses during fieldtrips. Laws applied in order for a video performance to be considered fair use.