The CD-ROM drive index
- HP, Sun, Hitachi push high-end storage. Connor, Deni // Network World;06/12/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p10
Focuses on high-end storage subsystems from Hewlett-Packard, Sun and Hitachi. Goal of meeting the storage needs of enterprise businesses; HP SureStore Disk Array XP512; Hitachi Freedom Storage Array 9900; Sun T3 Disk Array.
- NAS. Andress, Mandy // InfoWorld;2/4/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on network-attached storage (NAS). Key drivers for many enterprise storage decisions; Some of NAS device vendors; When NAS growth is expected.
- Storage performance group formed. // Electronic News;07/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2226, p24
Reports on the formation of the Storage Performance Council (SPC) by a group of storage technology firms to develop an industry-standard storage performance benchmark in the United States. Names of some of the founding sponsors; Cooperative multi-vendor initiative; Comment by Al Wilson, chief...
- It's about storage--and if you're in doubt, look at the way you store Web data. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;02/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p71
Deals with the increasing popularity and significance of computer storage solutions for companies. Factors which cause the demand for storage; Companies aiming the storage market.
- NAS grows up. Neel, Dan; Apicella, Mario // InfoWorld;4/8/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p30
Predicts the future of the network attached storage (NAS) technology in the storage market. Factors that hinder the adoption of NAS as the primary storage backbone for enterprise clients; Technologies developed by NetaApp and Scale Eight for NAS system; Other vendors developing products for the...
- They Save Data for a Rainy Day. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p15
Looks at data storage companies in San Diego, California. Inclusion of Internet protocol technology developed by Okapi Software; Dot Hill Systems Corp.'s production of equipment that will be marketed under the Sun Microsystems label; Financial performance of companies such as Overland Storage,...
- You can take it with you. // Australian Personal Computer;May2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p63
Examines whether some of the most popular computer storage media available in the Australian market are worth their prices. Importance of backing up files; CD-R storage; CD-ReWritable discs; Raw storage cost of Jaz and Orb media; Zip drives. INSET: About Price Watch..
- Dual-ported memory. Scaysbrook, F. F. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan86, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p122
A method is described which enables two computers to access a common memory area. One computer will be able to read and write to memory and will arbitrate over bus access. The other computer will be able to read memory only. Both computers will be able to select various RAM chips in the common...
- Computer Storage Devices. // Computer Storage Devices Industry Yearbook;2001/2002, pN.PAG
Presents an economic analysis of the Computer Storage Devices Industry as of January 2001. Overview of the current state of the sector; Factors affecting its financial health and how insiders are reacting to those issues; Recent history; How demand for the products has changed and what is...
- Contact memory. // Automatic I.D. News;Mar97 Supplement Buyer's Guide, Vol. 13, p18
Presents contact memory tags, a small electronic identification and data storage devices. Uses of contact memory tags; Applications of the contact memory tags; Benefits of using contact memory tags.