Asymetrix branches out with acquisition of Oakes Interactive
- Eye candy. // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, PC Week Inside pA6
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s full-features multimedia screen saver. Choice of shows; Shipping of `Jurassic Park: The Screen Saver'; Question regarding product's effect on the nations productivity.
- Asymetrix refocuses multimedia efforts. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;4/18/94, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p12
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s revamp of its multimedia plans. Release of Multimedia Toolbook 3.0; Plans for upgraded version of Compel presentation-graphics software for Windows; Deals with Novell Incorporated.
- Asymetrix retools with layoffs and narrower focus. Morrissey, Jane // PC Week;1/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1102
Reports on the reduction of Asymetrix Corp.'s workforce as part of reorganization. Sale of screen-saver products line; Concentration on software development.
- Asymetrix: Writing a new ToolBook chapter. Berst, Jesse // PC Week;11/1/93, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p148
Predicts that software company Asymetrix is going to make a comeback in 1994. Criticism that Asymetrix is not serious; Use of two-thirds of its money on research and development; Hampering of ToolBook by murky positioning when Visual Basic came out; Need for the updating of Multimedia ToolBook...
- Asymetrix VARs. Freedman, Beth // PC Week;5/30/94, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p123
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s VAR programs namely the Database Value-Added Reseller Program for InfoModeler and the Multimedia Value-Added Reseller Program for ToolBook.
- Oakes' low-cost customer service terminal. // American Banker;3/27/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 58, p21
Reports on Oakes Interactive's introduction of a low-cost interactive terminal called the Video Information Center designed to reduce customer service and sales expenses at financial institutions. Use of the terminal to give customers on-line access to account and product information; Video...
- Infomodeler 1.5 easier to talk to. // InfoWorld;9/26/94, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p32
Introduces the updated InfoMcs Suite 3.0 for Windows from Inset Systems Inc. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Apps for the Web. // InfoWorld;1/22/96, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p78
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s development of the Asymetrix Web 3D, a Windows-based software package for creating three-dimensional pages on the World Wide Web.
- Mutimedia Toolbook. // Training & Development;Jul96, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p62
Features the Multimedia Toolbook CBT Version 4.0 computer software from Asymetrix. Special features; Systems requirements; Price range.