Windows 98 slips...and with it DVD platform hopes?
- XP'S DV CONNECTION. Vegulalp, Serbar // Australian Personal Computer;Apr2002, Issue 280, p130
Features the digital video software in Windows XP for personal computers (PC) in the U.S. Factors necessary for the development of PC based video editing; Details on the use of proxy for video editing; Use of the NTFS file system in Windows XP.
- band OF THE hand. Ettin, Scott A. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the challenges and opportunities provided by handheld media platforms. Applications to consider when encoding a video for playback on Palm operating system; Information on FireProducer Enterprise; Key features of adaptive differential pulse code modulation. INSET: RealOne Settings.
- Television. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p55
Reports that Geneva, Switzerland-based Digital Video Broadcasting is supporting Java as the operating system for digital televisions and set-top boxes.
- In DVD's own. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the Digital Video Disc-Recordable (DVD-R) market as of July 1998. DVD-R as the slowest growing sector of the DVD market; Background on the DVD-R technology; Construction of DVD-R; Internal disc arrangement; DVD-R recording process; Optimum power control; Capacity limiting factors. ...
- WhattoWatch: VIDEO & DVD. // Entertainment Weekly;05/04/2001, Issue 594, p49
Presents several digital video disc releases as of May 4, 2001.
- DVD ready for prime time in the Big Three. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p33
Looks into the market potential of digital video discs (DVD) in the United States. Possibility of reaching critical mass by the 1998 Christmas season; Testing of DVD rentals at Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and other video chains; Marketing strategies.
- DVD-dilemma at retail. Stalter, Katharine // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p36
Reports on developments related to entertainment companies' marketing strategies for their digital videodisc (DVD) products. Marketing-related problems encountered by the companies; Industry executives' comments.
- Pioneer proposes DVD-R/W. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the unveiling of Pioneer's DVD-R/W, a digital videodisc(DVD)-based rewritable format that can be readable on existing DVD read-only hardware. Specifications and capabilities; Price; Agreement by Mitsubishi Chemical Co. to provide media development for the format.
- In the meantime... Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on developments on the digital versatile disk (DVD) market presented at Online Inc.'s DVD Professional conference held in February 1998 in Orlando, Florida. Features and price of Pioneer's DVD-V7200; Projections on the number of DVD-ROM-equipped personal computers by 2002.