Divx: Studio push or consumer pull?
- Copyright and a democratic civil society. Netanel, Neil Weinstock // Yale Law Journal;Nov96, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p283
Highlights the proposal of expanded copyright protection against the growing potential of the digital technology of infringing copyrighted works. Neoclassicist approach and economic incentive rationale of copyright; Constraining copyright from within by the critics of copyright's expansion;...
- Current copyright enforcement. Kobrak, Fred // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
Discusses successful anti-copyright piracy activities initiated by the United States Trade Representative, Association of American Publishers and the International Intellectual Property Alliance. Arguments against unauthorized use of intellectual property; Prosecution of Kinko's, a chain of...
- Copyright issues in Eastern Europe: A summary. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the status of copyright infringement prevention in Eastern European countries. Includes that in Bulgaria; Hungary; Poland.
- Net cops chase copyright infringers. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/06/98, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p42
Focuses on efforts to prevent copyright infringements on the Internet. Comments from Christopher Young, president of Online Monitoring Services Incorporated, and Heather Smith, pictures editor at Time Incorporated New Media; Information on copyright protection efforts.
- Don't get caught in copyright web. Gravatt, Breon // NZ Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p45
Offers tips on how to avoid Internet copyright infringement liability in New Zealand. Background on New Zealand's copyright policy; Copyright tips for companies planning to create their Web sites.
- CONTRIBUÈšII LA ANALIZA INFRACÈšIUNILOR PREVÄ‚ZUTE ÃŽN ART. 143 DIN LEGEA NR. 8/1996 PRIVIND DREPTUL DE AUTOR ÅžI DREPTURILE CONEXE, ASTFEL CUM A FOST MODIFICAT PRIN LEGEA NR. 187/2012. Bujorel, Florea // Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law / Revista Romana d;2015, Issue 3, p25
This study provides a critical review of the amendments introduced by Law No 187/2012 on the application of Law No 286/2009 on the Criminal Code to the offences referred to in Article 143 of law No 8/1996 on copyright and related rights. The analysis highlights and examines both the amendments...
- Modern-Day Pirates. // Advisor Today;Dec2001, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p108
Addresses the need for businesses to monitor software usage to avoid criminal liability for software infringement. How software is protected in the United States; Ways in which software is infringed; Steps for managing software.
- The Hollywood gangsters, the pirate gangsters, and the rest of us. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the reasons cited by the Hollywood movie industry for copy protection and regionalization of digital videodisc (DVD) players. Solution to embed some flag in the movie data stream; Fear of piracy; Inconvenience to the consumers.
- On guard. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Feb1997, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p109
Presents tips on how companies in the United States can fend off copycat competitors. Includes being the first in the market; Development of trade barriers through exclusivity, expertise, expert system and purchasing technology; Protection of trade secrets; Establishment of strategic alliances.