Qualcomm purchases Now Software
- Qualcomm purchases Now Software. // RCR;
Reports the acquisition of San Diego, California-based Qualcomm Inc. of Now Software, a pioneer in cross-platform, personal productivity software. Functional significance of the acquisition.
- Qualcomm branches out. // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p106
Reports on the opening of Qualcomm Inc.'s infrastructure manufacturing facility in San Diego, California.
- Competition coming for CDMA handsets. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the market competition between Qualcomm Personal Electronics and other CDMA handset companies in the United States. Information on CDMA subscribers; Comparison between CDMA companies; Comments from Ira Brodsky, president of DataComm Research Company; Details on Qualcomm.
- Motoring into the wireless future. // Wireless Review;04/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Reports on discussions between Qualcomm Inc. and an auto manufacturer that plans to expand into telecommunications. Highlights of a communications conference hosted by the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School in 1998.
- Qualcomm opens Miami office. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p116
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. announced it opened an office in Miami, Florida to manage its Latin American sales operations. Comments from Jim Edson, regional vice president of Latin American operations for Qualcomm's Wireless Infrastructure Division.
- Qualcomm steps up its e-mail server efforts. McNamara, Paul // Network World;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p39
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s release of the WorldMail Server 2.0. Features of the enhanced server product; Target market; Availability of Eudora Internet Mail Server 2.0 for Macintosh operating system; Price.
- Qualcomm intranet project is paying off. McNamara, Paul // Network World;05/11/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p39
Presents information on Qualcomm Incorporated. What type of business is the company in; Reference to Livelink from Odesta Corporation; Information on Open Text Corporation; Comments made by Steve Larbig, the company's manager of business systems. INSET: Briefs.
- Hitting the airwaves: // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p56
Reports that the personal Electronics unit at Qualcomm Incorporated shipped over one million cellular telephones compatible. Additional features of the equipment.
- Demand for CDMA equipment has Qualcomm soaring. // RCR;01/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p29
Gives information on the Qualcomm Incorporated increase in net income for the quarter ending December 28, 1997. Total of the company's revenue; Details on the shipment of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) phones and chip sets; Amount of earnings per share.