- Windhoek hangs on to its charm. // Finance Week;8/30/2002, NAMIBIA p38
Focuses on socio-economic conditions in Windhoek, Namibia, as of August 30, 2002. Background on the city's history; Climate; Population growth; Residential real estate market; Social problems.
- Valley voters will make right governance choice. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 16, pA4
Editorial. Focuses on the need for Spokane River Valley residents to make the right decision when voting to create their own city. Need to take into account the intent of the state government's Growth Management Act, for urban areas of the Spokane River Valley to adopt municipal governance;...
- Detroit must boldly move ahead. Melton, James // Crain's Detroit Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p8
Shares the author's redevelopment proposals to the Detroit city government in Michigan. Reconfiguring the city council to allow for geographic representation; Need for the city to develop a plan to give away city-owned land; Giving priority to population increase.
- The New Urbanism. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/12/98, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the growing adoption of the New Urbanism principle in urban design in the United States. Emphasis of the principle on people and pedestrians; Trend started by changes in city and town planning agencies; Significance on community and people interaction in developing urban plans. ...
- Hartford Attacks City's Blight Flight. Lehrer, Eli // Insight on the News;02/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p18
Presents information on urban redevelopment in Hartford, Connecticut. Planning problems; Role of the Capital City Redevelopment Authority in the developmental changes; Remarks of developers; Benefits of the move to the city. INSET: Top 10 Snafus of Redevelopment.
- Planners Library. Henderson, Harold // Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p31
Presents the views of Timothy Beatley of the University of Virginia regarding the greening of cities in the United States in a European way. Perception on new urbanism; Calls for holistic or integrated strategies.
- VIEWPOINT. Borah, William E. // Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p56
Criticizes New Orleans, Louisiana for the lack or absence of a master plan to guide the growth and development of a community. List of cities in the United States that have adopted a master plan; Elements involved in city planning.
- Small Towns Hang On. Fulton, William; Shigley, Paul // Planning;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p4
Provides information on the town of Bishop, California. Local mining operations in the town; Economic development plans for Bishop; Details on the planning of other small towns in the Western states of the United States.
- New Iowa Municipality Created, Follows Maharishi's Design. // Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p31
Presents information on Vedic City, a community in Iowa. Information on the developers of the community; Overview of the construction in the community; Prices of houses in the area.