Illinois governor's tollway bill dies in Senate committee
- Illinois governor reviews a strict, far-reaching ethics bill. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p1
Reports on Governor Jim Edgar's review of an ethics bill that is expected to have an impact on the public finance industry in Illinois. Effectivity day of bill; Provisions under bill; Passage of legislation banning gifts to employees; Conviction of executives of Management Services of Illinois...
- Tollway Budget Dip a First. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33437, p9
The article reports that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority approved the 2011 budget worth 680 million dollars.
- Edgar can thank the economy. Stahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Reports that healthy economic trends in Illinois might provide Governor Jim Edgar reason to exclude tax increases and increase spending on Medicaid needs in his budget plan for 1996. Possibility of a major rehabilitation of Edgar's plan during the spring session of the state legislature;...
- Illinois road funds declining. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/17/97, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p24
Presents a state-funded road building program in Illinois approved by Governor Jim Edgar. Proposal from Edgar to increase the program's funding through a fuel tax increase; Forecasts of shortage in the state's road construction funds.
- Edgar backs privatization and charter schools. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;1/19/94, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p12
Reports on Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's plan to test private management of some Illinois schools. Edgar's plan to introduce a bill that would create 12 charter schools; Edgar's appointment of a school-to-work task force; Plans to convene a group to study education-technology issues.
- Good grades are good politics. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;4/12/97, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p706
Reports on the school financing reforms proposed by Illinois Republican Governor Jim Edgar. Cutting property taxes; Increased state spending on education; Supporters of the proposal; Proposal of the Democrats in the legislature; Education financing reform of Texas Republican Gov. George Bush;...
- On the positive side of politics... // Reading Today;Jun/Jul92, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p10
Pictures Governor Jim Edgar of Illinois receiving a copy of `Lincoln: A Photobiography.' Presented by John W. Logan, president-elect of Illinois Reading Council; Edgar a strong proponent of literacy programs; Addressed council members at Illinois Reading Council 1992 conference in Springfield.
- Edgar's Medicaid cure: The skepticism mounts. Oloroso Jr., Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;10/10/94, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the skepticism faced by the Medicaid program of Governor Jim Edgar for Illinois. Need for longer assessment; Questions on the ability of the plan to improve health care in the state; Statistics on fund backlog for the health care system; Shortage of additional doctors and hospitals...
- Will Edgar's tax plan fly? Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/25/96, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on the response in Chicago to Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's taxing proposal on education and income taxes. Information on income tax increases; Response of Illinois Business Education Coalition; Views of Edgar.