Dallas to hold tax referendum on $230 million sports arena
- N.Y.C. mayor blocks a possible stadium referendum. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30386, p3
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plan to block a referendum on using public money to build baseball stadiums. Impact of this plan on the mayor's efforts to endorse an authority to sell bonds to take over the city's airports from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey;...
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Schools on Ballot. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p35
The article reports on the opportunity of voters in Tulsa, Oklahoma to decide on a bond package by Tulsa County Independent School District No. 4 that would pay for a new high school athletic complex and a geothermal energy system on December 12, 2006. Voters will consider two propositions,...
- Galveston Eyes New Stadium. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p9
The article reports that the trustees of the Galveston Independent School District in Texas have voted to pursue the state's project on building a new football stadium.
- Latest Plan Would Sell Land to Keep Cubs in Arizona. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33328, p6
The article reports on the move of the city of Mesa, Arizona to raise 84 million dollars in an effort to finance a spring training facility for the state's Chicago Cubs baseball team without a state bond issue.
- Sports are big business. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the income generated by sports facilities in the United States. Enumeration of sources of revenue; Importance of luxury seating; Contribution of team owners to stadium construction.
- National stadium plan hopes to score. Milton, Tina // Leisure & Hospitality Business;9/6/2001, p2
Highlights the proposed national stadium construction in Birmingham, England. Design features; Potential funding boost for the proposal; Estimation on its cost.
- Connecticut megaplex proposal reignites quest for UConn stadium. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p36
Reports that a proposed sports arena and convention center complex for the city of Hartford has revived interest in a new stadium for the University of Connecticut's Huskies football team. Bond floatation proposed by Governor John G. Rowland; Justification for a new stadium; Downtown...
- Is baseball destined for LI? Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/01/97, Vol. 44 Issue 35, p1
Reports on a controversy over the use of 35 of 840 acres at the Pilgrim State Psychiatric facility in Brentwood, New York to build a minor league baseball stadium. Demand for government subsidies by those touting the economic benefits of the project; Arguments of those opposed to the stadium.
- To subsidize or not to subsidize? First, ask who benefits. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30236, p9
Looks at issues involved in subsidizing the construction of new stadiums and arenas for professional sports teams in the United States. Opinion of panelists at `The Bond Buyer' journal's 1997 Stadium and Arena Finance Conference; Benefits of stadiums and arenas to the community; Importance of...