U.S. judge sentences Florida influence peddler
- Big Objections to Brief Decisions. Smith, William C. // ABA Journal;Aug99, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on an `affirmed' response to appeal made by Vicki Lopez-Lukis, who was sentenced of 27 months for mail fraud, in the 11th United States Circuit Court of Appeals. Implication of the case; Opinion of the District Court on the case; Information on the 11th Circuit.
- On corruption and corrupters. Versi, Anver // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p7
Editorial. Discusses the association of corruption with Africa by citing the speech of the Speaker of the South African Parliament at an international business conference. Participation of Western countries in corruption in Africa and other countries; Actions on international bribery by...
- Corruption surges. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cases of proven graft in China in 1994.
- Bureaucratic corruption in Africa: The futility of cleanups. Mbaku, John Mukum // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p99
Focuses on bureaucratic corruption cleanup strategies in Africa, and seeks to show why they have been ineffective. Attempts of bureaucrats in Africa to increase their level of compensation; Concept of corruption; Causes bureaucratic corruption in Africa; Traditional strategies for corruption...
- KEITH CRAIN: Don't expect return to normal in Detroit. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/31/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
The article presents author's views on several corrupt practices by politicians in Detroit, Michigan.
- Courts may alter India politics as they push probes of... Zubrzycki, John // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 245, p1
Presents information on political corruption in India. Congress Party president Sitaram Kesri's efforts to pressure the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate corruption; Voluntary disclosure of Kesri's personal assets; Comments from Vishv Gupta, a social activist in India;...
- Thatcherism revised. // Christian Science Monitor;4/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 103, p20
Editorial. Examines corrupt practices in politics worldwide. Reference to past leaders of Britain and the United States, Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan; Listing of countries faced with illegal political activities.
- Tackling Corruption. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the efforts of Vietnamese government to control corruption in the country. Concerns over the corruption in the country; Reference to the criminal trial of former soldier Truong Van Cam for corruption charges; Vietnam's rank in Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International.
- Backchat. Coward, M. // New Statesman & Society;2/21/92, Vol. 5 Issue 190, p47
Reflects on the recent political break-in allegedly conducted by the Conservative government. How the operation backfired; Thoughts on who the phantom thieves were.