Settlement reached between Piper Jaffray and U. of Minnesota
- Piper Jaffray to settle suit. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;7/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p7
Reports that Piper Jaffray Inc. will settle a suit filed by investors in bond funds that sustained losses when the firm's derivatives investment strategy soured in 1994. Terms of settlement.
- Piper Jaffray sued for losses. // Business Insurance;9/5/94, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the filing of a suit by a shareholder against Piper Jaffray Cos. and its officers for losses incurred as a result of allegedly huge investments in mortgage-backed derivatives. Class action status of the suit to represent anyone who purchased Piper Jaffray stock from May 12, 1993 to...
- Settlements should last. // Business Insurance;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
Opinion. Comments on structured settlement payments in the United States. Reference to legislation on the structured settlements; Details on the measure proposed by Representatives E. Clay Shaw Jr. and Fortney Stark; Citing of an excise tax penalty.
- LatAm structured finance to bloom in hard times ahead? Corrigan, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on the forecasted prevalence of structured finance transactions in the Latin American market. Increase in the volume of future flows deals; Impact of global hardships on securitization; Reasons for the willingness of investors to take on structured deals.
- Structured settlement cos. target new markets. Crosson, Cynthia // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p10
Highlights alternative market potentials for structured settlement annuities. Workers' compensation and environmental claims; Typical beneficiary; Provisions under the tax code; Tax treatment and the assignment of liability for environmental cleanup.
- Buyers take structure out of structured settlements. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/21/97, Vol. 101 Issue 29, p7
Reports that the turning of annuity rights used to settle lawsuits into cash, are being practiced by members of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers (NASP). Comments from David Lewis, a spokesman for a member of the NASP's association; Why settlement purchasers rose; Arguments of...
- Mining for prospects in structured settlement Mkt. McNay, Don // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p7
Presents information on the industry of using structured settlement annuities to settle personal injury claims. How insurance agents can participate in the business; Traditional purchase of structured settlements.
- New markets are emerging for SS annuities. Shumate, W. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/17/95, Vol. 99 Issue 29, p21
Reports on environmental clean-up settlements as a growing market in the structured settlement industry. Definition of structured settlements; Rise in use of structured settlements; Growth fostered by increasing recognition of underlying value of structured settlement; Uses in other areas of...
- Utah pays 3rd installment of Pelt settlement. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;7/19/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 29, pA1
The article reports on the third installment paid by Utah for the Pelt settlement worth 33 million dollars.