Michigan Legislature ends legal feud with equitable school funding bill
- School revenue bonds bring closure to Michigan's extended Durant saga. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30514, p1
Focuses on the sale of school loan revenue bonds by the state of Michigan through the state Municipal Bond Authority. Goal of the sale to close the Durant education funding case in the 1970s; Market observers' positive outlook for the deal.
- Michigan Brings $570M in Revenue Notes to Market for Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p4
The article reports that the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority will sell municipal bonds to address the needs of school district finance. The revenue notes come in a series backed by a letter of credit from Scotiabank and another without that letter of credit feature. The underwriting syndicate...
- Michigan Agency Sets $255 Million of Notes for Detroit Public Schools. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/31/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33291, p6
The article reports on the move by the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority to enter the bond market with 225 million dollars of notes to help cover the fiscal 2010 cash deficit at Detroit Public Schools.
- Money Market Funds: Michigan Authority Taps Strong Demand for Six-Month Notes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p6
Reports on the success of six-month note sale by Michigan Municipal Bond Authority on February 20, 2002. Rating of the issue by credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp.; Possible factors for the success of the notes; Yield rate on the notes.
- Michigan Authority Will Replenish Water Loan Funds Through Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p46
Reports on the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's issuance of 251 million dollars clean water and drinking water revolving fund revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Maturity of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- MICHIGAN. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that governor of Michigan John Engler has appointed various officials to serve on the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority. Names and positions of the appointed officials; Role of the board authority in administering financing for local units of government and school districts.
- Michigan Bond Agency Readies $700M SRF-Backed Offering. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31443, p1
Reports the issuance of drinking water revenue bonds by the Municipal Bond Authority in Michigan. Use of the proceeds to finance outstanding debt; Allocation of budget for pollution control and drinking water projects; Sources of bond security.
- Michigan to Start School Loan Revolving Fund. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32603, p1
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to create a self-sustaining revolving fund to finance new loans to school districts. The measure is designed to help in covering the general obligation debt service, that ease out the burden off the state's general obligation pledge. In a tentative...
- Michigan Hosts First-Time Issue by Charter School Company. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p30
Reports the issuance of the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority of bonds for the Edison Schools Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion of the Detroit-area schools; Financial expenses of the charter school; Guarantee of the payment of the bonds.