Deregulation bill's 10-year call deadline may tighten credit analysis for utilities
- Prairie State Pressure Hits Batavia, Illinois Utility Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p32
The article reports that a negative outlook was assigned by bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service to the revenue bonds of Batavia, Illinois electric system from stable during the week of December 17, 2014. Topics discussed include Moody's affirming A1 rating of debt, and negative...
- Moody's Seeks Comment on Methodology Changes for Utility Ratings. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service released proposed changes in its rating methodology for 1,100 municipal utilities resulting in rating changes, as of July 2014. It states that proposed methodology for 1,100 essential-service utilities would apply to Moody's ratings operating as...
- Florida Bill Would Put Power Agency Under Rate Regulator. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34289, p1
A bill proposing that the rates of the Florida Municipal Power Agency should be regulated by a state agency could jeopardize its credit ratings, according to Moody Investors Service.
- Two Rivers, Wis., Downgraded to Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, Vol. 1, p37
The article reports that the ratings on the general obligation debt of Two Rivers, Wisconsin was downgraded from Baa1 to Baa2 by the Investors Service of financial services company Moody's because of the inability of the city to improve its general fund reserves.
- Freeborn County, Minn., Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;4/30/2015, p42
The article reports on the upgraded rating earned by the general obligation unlimited tax debt of Freeborn County, Minnesota from credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service.
- Lebanon County, Pa., Upgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p36
The article reports on the upgraded ratings given by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on the general obligation debt, from BBB- to BBB+, of Lebanon County, Pensylvania.
- Plainview, Minn., Downgraded to AA by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;4/13/2015, p24
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has lowered its long term rating for the previously issued general obligation bonds of Plainview, Minnesota.
- Merrimack County, N.H., Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p34
The article reports on the Aa2 rating received by the 26.1 million U.S. dollars 2014 general obligation refunding bonds issued by Merrimack County, New Hampshire, which proceeds will be used to improve the county's previously-issued Series of 2006 and 2007 bonds.
- Hopewell, N.J.'s Delinquent Payment Won't Hurt Rating: Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p37
The article reports on the assurance issued by credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service to the borough of Hopewell, New Jersey that its payment delay on its principal payment on its general improvement bonds and water utility bonds will not affect its rating.