California sues Pacific Genesis for defrauding bond investors
- Witness: Rancho Lucerne Couldn't Have Enough Land Sale Revenues to Pay Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p33
No abstract available.
- Rancho Lucerne Developer Questioned in Pacific Genesis Trial. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p6
Reports on the securities fraud non-jury trial against Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Questioning of Manoucher Sarbaz of the Pacific Golf Community Development in Los Angeles, California.
- Judge: Pacific Genesis Offering Was 'Highly Risky'. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p4
Reports on United States District Court Judge Charles R. Breyer's remarks concerning Pacific Genesis Group Inc.'s ninth offering in a master plan community. Securities fraud filed against Pacific Genesis; Securities and Exchange Commission's call for a permanent injunction against the company.
- Pacific Genesis Chairman Resigns as Firm Battles SEC Over Securities Fraud Charges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p38
Highlights a federal court decision asking the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Pacific Genesis Group Inc. (PGG) to try to resolve securities fraud lawsuit linked with bonds sold for the development of a residential golf community in California's Lucerne Valley. ...
- California firm urges stronger disclosure for some land deals. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p1
Focuses on California law firm White & Case's call for tighter disclosure guidelines for unrated land-secured bonds sold to retail investors. Settlement of the civil securities fraud lawsuit filed by the state Department of Corporations against Pacific Genesis Group (PGG); Court's selection of...
- SEC to Update Judge on Proposed Settlement With Pacific Genesis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p5
Focuses on the securities fraud charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Pacific Genesis Group Inc. and former president David E. Fitzgerald in the California. Failure of the commission to reached a decision on the proposed agreement; Details on the motion filed by...
- Pacific Genesis' Fitzgerald Denies SEC Suit's Bond Fraud Allegations. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p40
Reports that David Fitzgerald, chairman of Pacific Genesis Group Inc., is not worried by the lawsuit filed against the firm by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Allegations of securities fraud against the company; Denial by Fitzgerald of the allegations.
- Pacific Genesis Trial Participants Wait for Judge's Decision. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p43
Reports on developments concerning the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's securities fraud trial against Pacific Genesis Group and its chairman, David Fitzgerald. Judge Charles R. Breyer's decision to ask the attorneys on both sides of the trial on how the court should view the...
- Enforcement: Judge Reinstates Pacific Genesis' License Until June 8 Hearing. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p6
Reports that the Department of Corporations in Washington has vowed to appeal a state court's decision to reinstate the license of Alameda, California-based firm Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Details of the litigation against Pacific Genesis.