California real estate market revives, so do hopes for debt
- California real estate-backed help investors find attractive yields. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30359, p6
Discusses the performance of California's real estate-backed municipal bonds in 1997. Improvements in the state's real estate market; Strategies of fund managers to make the most out of the trend; Best performing finds by sector; Top five and bottom five funds.
- Munis Firm; Retail Period Continues For $2 Billion California GO Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p2
Reports on performance of U.S. government securities for February 18, 2004. Municipal bonds; Decline in housing starts and building permits; California general obligation bonds. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 18.
- Faith Lutheran breaks new ground with county bond. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;03/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p18
Reports on developments related to real estate business in Las Vegas, Nevada for the week of March 13, 2000. Provision of an economic development revenue bond by Clark County for the expansion of the Faith Lutheran Junior-Senior High School; Involvement of J.A. Jones Construction in a dispute...
- Munis Slide as Data Paints Brighter Picture. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32368, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal bond market has sold off yesterday when Treasuries has absorbed reports of stronger than expected home sales and consumer confidence, which elicited fears of continued monetary tightening. Traders have...
- Fitch Report: Real Estate Slowdown Shouldn't Adversely Affect Issuers. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32563, p5
The article reports on the issues concerning the slowing of growth in the residential real estate market in the U.S. According to the report to be released from Fitch Ratings, the slowdown will not adversely affect the credit rating of the municipal issuers. The report provides some consolation...
- December New Home Sales Jump 11.6% to 481,000 Annual Rate. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;1/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34249, p1
The pace of new single-family home sales rose 11.6% to a 481,000 seasonally adjusted annual rate in December, above the 450,000 rate that was expected and following a downward revision to the sales pace in November, data released by the Commerce Department Tuesday showed.
- NAR: Pending Home Sales Index Gains 0.5% to 110.9 in July. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
Pending home sales increased 0.5% to an index reading of 110.9 in July, after a revised 1.7% decrease to 110.4 in June, according to a report released Thursday by the National Association of Realtors.
- Firm Offers To Buy 6 Calif. Deals. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32324, p1
The article reports that the San Francisco, California-based Rio Mesa Partners LLC is soliciting tenders of defaulted municipal bonds underwritten by the now-defunct Pacific Genesis Group Inc. in a bid to acquire land in Madera County, California, that serves as the underlying security for the...
- San Francisco Mayor Proposes $250 Million Affordable Housing Bond. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;5/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F319, p1
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee announced on May 12 a proposal to put a $250 million affordable housing general obligation bond on the November ballot.