Competitive note offerings
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Alcoba, Marcello // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p20
Reports on the results of competitive municipal bond sales announced in August 1997. Bond sale by Henry County, Alabama; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Kansas.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p22
Presents a listing of municipal bonds called in September 1997. Bonds in California; Colorado; Kansas; Michigan; Missouri; Oregon.
- Municipals post modest gains as players rest up for weighty day. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p1
Reports on the modest gains of municipal bonds in the United States market. Market analysis; High-rank of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority among revenue deals; Sellability of New York State Environmental Facilities Corp. issue; Average pricing of retail scale; Smith Barney...
- Moody's raises rating on TFA after steps by N.Y.C. officials. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service raised its rating of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA). City officials' agreement to strengthen the credit; Ratings given by other agencies; Agreement to cap the amount of senior-lien debt that the TFA will issue; Adding of additional...
- Del preview: Market drifts away from S.C. agency's $215 million issue. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p2
Reports on the holding pattern of the South Carolina Public Service Authority's planned $215 million negotiated issue. Municipal authority's placement of the issue on a day-to-day watch; Search for at least 5% savings on the refunding deal.