Florida County to shrink law firm pool in search of more efficient bond counsel
- D.C. May Issue &180M in Debt to Finance New Museum. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p5
Reports the plans of the district to sell tax-exempt municipal bonds in Washington, D.C. Amount of bonds the district planned to issue; Use of the sale to finance an interactive journalism museum; Refusal of the district finance office to disclose the details of the potential sale.
- Transportation: Frontier politics. // Inside Tucson Business;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p4
Editorial. Comments on the attacks made by the cities of Tucson and Marana, Arizona against Pima County's proposed transportation bond package. Press conferenced held by the mayor of both cities calling on revisions to the proposal; Delay in the County Board of Supervisors' final action on the...
- Buildings bursting at seams. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 26, pA1
The article reports that city officials in Olivette, Missouri could ask voters in April 2012 to approve a bond issue for new buildings to replace the old and overcrowded city buildings, including the municipal center and the community center.
- Alaska cities hope tax-exempts will help pipe gas to market. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p28
Reports on the plan of three Alaska cities to form a port authority that could potentially sell as much as $1 billion of municipal bonds. Funding of the construction of a natural gas pipeline; Formation of the Alaska Gasline Port Authority.
- Massachusetts pays dissolved county's debt. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p3
Reports that the state of Massachusetts have repaid holders of Middlesex County notes this July 17, 1997. Governor William Weld's signing of a bill that eliminated the county as a governmental entity; Background information on the county's financial problems.
- Deal in Focus: Ascending Yields Still Worry Newly AAA Maine Bond Bank. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p-38
Reports that the Maine Municipal Bond Bank will offer $60.55 million in 2001 Series A and B new-money bonds and possibly Series C refunding debt on behalf of 16 separate municipalities. Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to these bonds; Entities that are expected to benefit from the...
- D.C. Plan to Redevelop Southeast Waterfront Could Spur Bonding. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31628, p1
The District of Columbia's proposal to revitalize a long-neglected section of its ï¿½Near Southeastï¿½ waterfront area could produce substantial development, which could lead to the issuance of municipal bonds. They emphasize that it is unclear at this point how much municipal bond...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p32
Presents a list of approved municipal bonds by the voters in a referendum in the U.S.
- Columbus Starts Retail Orders for $279M Five-Part Sale, With BABs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p8
The article reports on the start of the retail orders by Columbus, Ohio on 279 million dollars of general obligation (GO) debt that features five series on November 4, 2009. It notes that these five series, include the city's first Build America Bonds and recovery zone economic development...