ISTEA interim bill goes to Clinton; signature expected, funds to flow
- $3 million fuels bus garage, train station projects. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p5
Presents information on federal funds from the House Transportation Appropriations Committee to be used to renovate the Westchester County bus garage and New Rochelle train station. Help obtained from Committee member Congresswoman Nita Lowley; What the proposed intermodal facility at New...
- Trust fund battle gathers steam as bill to move funds `off-budget' clears key House panel. Barnes, David // Traffic World;5/8/95, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's approval of a procedural budget change for transportation trust funds. Termination of practice of considering the trust fund balances as general revenue; Removal of budgetary restrictions that would allow the money to be used...
- Senate acts on transport spending bills. // Traffic World;07/28/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the transportation spending bills approved by the Senate Appropriations Committee during July 1997. Elimination of nearly all capital improvement spending for Amtrak; Increased overall funding for the Transportation Department.
- House to act on Amtrak. Barnes, David // Traffic World;10/27/97, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p37
Discusses a move by the US House of Representatives to pass legislation that would make Amtrak financially viable. Negotiations between Amtrak and Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees union to avert strike; Estimated number of customers affected if strike pushes through; Provisions under...
- House approves FY 2006 transportation funding. // Concrete Construction;Aug2005, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the U.S. House of Representatives' approval of its Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Judiciary and District of Columbia fiscal year 2006 appropriations measure. Total amount provided in obligations for the federal-aid highway program.
- House GOP changes transport funding rule. // Public Works;Feb2011, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that the U.S. House Republicans adopted changes to the transportation funding rule to include provisions on spending cuts, in which U.S. Representative Nick J. Rahall states that the changes will impact Federal investments on transportation programs.
- House approves six year, $275 billion highway bill. // Pit & Quarry;May2004, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p44
Reports on the passage on the Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users by the U.S. House of Representatives. Margin of votes for the bill; Federal funding to be provided under the bill for highway and transit projects.
- House Approves $8 Billion for Highway Trust Fund. // World Trade;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p10
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives have approved an $8 billion infusion into the highway trust fund, restoring temporary solvency to the federal account dedicated to the nation's infrastructure. It notes that by transferring $8 billion from the general Treasury fund in...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p7
The article presents the bond buyer legislative status report in the U.S. The House approved a bill authorizing a 283.9 billion dollars through 2009 on March 10, 2006. The Senate included the Talent bill in broader transportation legislation approved by May 17 and the measure was incorporated...